GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just shaved my tailgate on sat. and was gonna paint it on sunday and i walk out sunday morning and some careless driver decided to do a hit and run.From the looks of it, its gonna need a new bedside,taillight and a tire.Its a pretty big dent that could be knocked out but i'd rather not have any filler on my truck.Depending on how much the qoute is from ins. i might go ahead and top half my truck and weld the roll pan in.
SSPX0206.jpg

SSPX0207.jpg

SSPX0205.jpg

·
05 Sierra Crew
987 Posts
What a dick to not leave any contact info. I have about the same damage but its more centered behind the wheel, and goes below the body line. My estimate was a little under $700, just something to go off of I guess.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
shit that sucks. what an asshole for running. probably some drunk that didn't want to get arrested. hopefully if any good comes from this it's that you get your pan molded in.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
hate seeing crew cabs get damaged....bummer!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i'll weld the pan in 4 sure and i might just go ahead and pearl the bottom half with a green pearl and top half it some kinda bright green.And paint all my inside stuff to match while its getting paint work done.It just sucks that you try and take such good care of your vehicles and theres just some assholes that don't care out there.

·
redcrew
1,770 Posts
Not trying to still youre thread but alot of people ask what I did to mine. So heres some pics of the work I did.

Fitting the longer bed side.
Picture026.gif

Welding up.
Picture030.jpg

Picture029.gif

Picture031.gif

Ground down ready for mud work "Bondo"
Picture032.gif

The pasenger side I just used the top of the bed rail cause it wasnt wrecked.
Picture064.gif

Picture016.gif

he stock gas door flipped to the inside it works great.
Picture076.gif

Picture231.jpg

All primmed up
Picture199.gif

Dont forget to do the cab seams and the third brake light while the beds off.
Picture179.jpg

Picture185.jpg

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
I know, Im saying that unless your very skilled with metal filler, almost like the old school lead filler, you will have to use a little bit.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Sucks about the damage!

Redsled04 that looks soooooooo good!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just don't won't filler down the side of my bed,Just one of my pet peaves i guess.I'd rather not know that its there.All in all i got my check today and it came out to $1468 and i talked to my paintless dent guy and he said he can rub it out no problem for like $400 so then i'll just wet sand it and blend it in and clear the bed side and weld the pan in and have some cash left over.Kinda wanted a bigger check but my adjuster was being a dick and took like 20 pictures for reference to have and hasseled me about having a primered tailgate and saying if anything ever happend they won't pay for the cost to shave it and all this other b.s.so after all this is over i won't make another claim unless i really have some horrible damage.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts