GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have some of you paid for a shaved tailgate? Just wondering about some prices. I want to relocate the handle to the inside and get em to smooth out the left over holes left by the tailgate cap.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Most good places around here charge a standard of about 400 for the gate and 700 for the rollpan. That price is if you buy the parts.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I got quoted $450 for the gate shaved and painted,...If I already had the hardware.

Don't know about the price, but I want to get it done soon along with a welded rollpan.

I asked the guys who did my drop how much for a welded sir mikes and shaved gate,....painted. If I had all the hardware they said they would do it for $1500 (ummm...no)

·
Registered
397 Posts
onyx_silverado said:
i have a fiberglass rollpan, so i'm not to worried about a welded one right now...
:word: I'm thinking I will just get mine painted and bolted, then later down the road when i paint my truck I will get it molded in when they are doing the body work.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'm not worried about my pan welded in right now. I just want to get rid of that handle! It sticks out like a sore thumb!

·
Registered
11 Posts
i just got mine back from the body shop.....i paid 1079.00 and they welded and molded the sir michaels roll pan and welded up the tailgate handle...also they painted a front lower valance for me.....it turned out AWESOME :worship:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
wow, i paid aprox $70 for kit and materials, but im also redoing it

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i paid 450(with parts) for my tailgate, and 500(with parts) for my roll pan.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's sounds more like it!
I'm going to pick up my Street Scene mirrors tomorrow at the paint shop and I'm going to ask him what he can do. He's pretty good at cutting me deals. He painted my cowl hood and rool pan for only $175 and he's painting my mirrors for only $40! Other places wanted anywhere from $350 to $450 for that hood and pan!

·
Registered
639 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
That's sounds more like it!
I'm going to pick up my Street Scene mirrors tomorrow at the paint shop and I'm going to ask him what he can do. He's pretty good at cutting me deals. He painted my cowl hood and rool pan for only $175 and he's painting my mirrors for only $40! Other places wanted anywhere from $350 to $450 for that hood and pan!
I would get Street Scene mirrors...but high cost of them, plus the fact I have heated/folding/power mirrors....it kinda makes it pointless to give thouse up.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
atomoverride said:
I would get Street Scene mirrors...but high cost of them, plus the fact I have heated/folding/power mirrors....it kinda makes it pointless to give thouse up.
Oh yeah I felt the same way too. I have power folding, heated, turn signals and all that but I said fuck it! I'm taking the dumbos off! I was going to buy the ones with the turn signals on the outside and all but not for $450! I went the cheap way and got the manual ones for $90! :anitoof: I mean how many times do you adjust your mirrors anyway! I don't. I'd rather have something that looked good and was painted to match.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
My brother (sierraon22s) got his tail gate shaved for 150, but not the cap holes, he just color matched the cap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts