GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
nobody liked my avatar
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got rearended last week so i'm gettin a rollpan molded, shaving the tails and gettin led strips, and shaving the tailgate..anyway, the guy at the bodyshop said if i can find one from a company that is made "pre-shaved" i should get it cause it might be stronger or work better or something...so is there anything like that? TIA

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
they make shaved tailgate skins, so your body guy will just cut the existing skin off and replace it with the completely smooth piece, no waves at all but from what ive heard they are a pain

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I would suggest going with a skin. I would not weld the tailgate shut because it will most likely get stress cracks over time. Either buy a skin or just shave the handle, tail lights and mold in the roll pan. Just my .02

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Do they make tailgate skins for the nbs trucks? I've only seen em for the obs's.

·
Registered
252 Posts
To answer your question. No they don't make a pre-shaved tailgate. They do make a skin that replaces your exsiting tailgate outer skin that has no handle. But if that bodyman can't shave a tailgate I would go somewhere else. Shaving a tailgate is very easy, at least it's alot easier than replacing the outer skin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts