GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help wat are the best ways yall recommend to shave the 3rd brake light and the radio antenna this is on a 96' :bowtie: rado thanx man

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Trim a piece of 16 ga. sheetmetal to it almost perfectly flush with the antenna hole. Some people do it differently, but I stitch weld the filler piece up until I have a full weld all the way around it. Also be sure the filler piece is sitting flush with the fender, next grind the welds down. When you're done grinding if the welds were done right then it should look like one piece and you shouldn't be able to see where the antenna ever was. Next add the filler and start blocking.
I've never shaved a 3rd brake light on a 94-98 model, but you would do it the same as the antenna, just be sure it's contoured with the cab. You will also want to take your headliner out so you won't catch it on fire.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i heard of some one using a washer w/ a nail to hold it up for the antenna but on the 88-98 the antenna is on the corner of the fender so could you like weld it in there flat and bring it up w/ body filler or would you get the contour of the corner . ?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Me myself I would contour it. The easiest way to do it is to hammer it against a steel pipe that has a contour close to that of your fender.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts