GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Team Black
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you guys pay to have your tailgate shaved? So far I've gotten quotes of $900 and $660 :insane:

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
I paid $150 with my box frenched and paint was an extra $150.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Hey Ronnie, call Matt. The guy that did all the shaving on his truck is shaving my tailgate, paint, and painting a rollpan for $600.

·
Team Black
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Ronnie, call Matt. The guy that did all the shaving on his truck is shaving my tailgate, paint, and painting a rollpan for $600.
Thats not bad at all. Im gonna check around locally at a few more places first, but I will definetly let him know if I cant find anything any better.

·
Milf Hunter
1,796 Posts
Slap the relocater kit in yourself. Then just have them weld in the filler plate. Might be a little cheaper.

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
Slap the relocater kit in yourself. Then just have them weld in the filler plate. Might be a little cheaper.
Yeah, it would be cheaper, but dont get an FBI relocator, they dont fit good. That was 1 of my many mistakes.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
i paid 250 for my shave/paint...

then i had it repainted when i got my rollpan welded in/painted, my mirrors redone and bumper pad done all for $500

·
Full-time FSC'er
186 Posts
Yup, the Belltech is awesome. Fits great.

I got quoted $350 on average for a repaint alone. That included no shaving or anything. The shop that was going to shave it wanted like $250 to weld it up and not finish it. It'd had been up to me to bodywork it. That same shop wanted $150 per door to weld in filler plates and that also included no bodywork. Fuck that...bought a welder, doing it myself.

I'd at least install the relocator and sand the gate yourself to try to save some money.

IM000313.jpg

·
Team Black
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already have a sir michaels relocator kit. just gotta find a decent price

·
Registered
640 Posts
its not really that hard to you, its crazy that body shops would charge so much to do it. Do you have access to a welder or know somebody that has one. like you could get the body shop to weld the plate in and you could do the bondo and prep it for paint and they could do the rest. it might cut the price a little.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts