GMC Truck Forum banner

641 - 660 of 723 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
spend a couple of bucks and do some sound deadening....it'll sound better and truck will feel like a fancy shmancy car. You don't need much in a rc, it seriously makes driving a vehicle much more enjoyable.

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,611 Posts
How did you get to the point of having prosthetics if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
Hey Red, could you make a video of the truck pulling from like a 40 or 50 roll? Really curious on how the truck really moves
Sorry about the music in the video, but to be honest,
the song playing was the catalyst of me going redneck :D

45 to 100 MPH

Rolling in 3rd, down shifting to 2nd at WOT, up-shifting to 3rd at 6,200 RPM (exit of bridge) then out of the throttle at 100mph.

Need to upgrade the driveshaft for 100+ pulls.

Not fast by today's standards but a pretty fun adrenaline rush nevertheless :cool:

·
Registered
641 Posts
How did you get a decent fit with the 03+ console to 99-02 dash? I have a terrible gap where the console meets the dash. It even looks like you didn't swap to an 03+radio bucket/hvac controls or even the dash bezel!?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just read through the entire thread. Wow, you’ve done some fantastic work in this truck! Awesome attention to detail, and outcome! I’m pretty happy you decided to stick with the tune as well, rather than swapping the 4.3 back in, or going carbureted route!

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
How did you get a decent fit with the 03+ console to 99-02 dash? I have a terrible gap where the console meets the dash. It even looks like you didn't swap to an 03+radio bucket/hvac controls or even the dash bezel!?
Correct still using the 00 dash bezel, radio bucket and a/c controls. There is a slotted plastic bracket that goes between the dash and the upper console. With the upper black pocket of the console removed there are two 10mm bolts. Simply pull the console tight against the dash and tighten down those two bolts holding the console in place.

641 - 660 of 723 Posts