GMC Truck Forum banner

761 - 780 of 793 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Red I'm still waiting on the video! Wtf you are about to take it apart let's see what it's got before you add more parts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,267 Posts

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #765
Fuel Rails are supposed to come tomorrow along with a new purge solenoid. I ordered some nice dressup 12pt ARP throttle body bolts and the Glenns Auto throttle cable bracket. Hopeful I can install this week if there is no hold up on the rails.

Anyone have this MAP sensor retaining clip?
It comes on the 07 - 08 TBSS/NBSS intakes.
The later 2009+ MAP retainers have the bolt holding the sensor.
They list for around $18 plus outrageous dealer shipping.
I may stop by the dealership tomorrow and see how hard they want to fk me lol
The lowest on ebay is $25+ tax for this tiny piece of plastic
:rotflmao:

I know I could rig a hold down but dammit I hate to get ugly after I've bought everything brand new lol

·
Some dude on the internet
410 Posts
It would be nice if someone could 3d print these. I've been running mine over 2 years now without a hold down, but I'd like to eventually put one on for peace of mind.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Do you have a part number for it?

Reactions: RedXray

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
When I ran that intake on my truck the hold down broke, same with the one on my wifes.
I used silicone and let it eat because of the price of that little thing.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #770
I've been running mine over 2 years now without a hold down, but I'd like to eventually put one on for peace of mind.
I'd be afraid of an issue with a backfire or hitting the limiter may blow out the MAP and cause a lean condition at high RPM's. I't not that I'm cheap it's just this part is way over priced. Thought about twisting some safety wire to hold down, it would look cool but there's no good place to anchor the wire.

If you sketch it up w/ dimensions and errytang I could get one printed
That's cool you can do that stuff. Not sure of my measuring skills it would be a trial & error thing with me lol. Thanks for the offer Jack.

·
Some dude on the internet
410 Posts
I'd be afraid of an issue with a backfire or hitting the limiter may blow out the MAP and cause a lean condition at high RPM's. I't not that I'm cheap it's just this part is way over priced. Thought about twisting some safety wire to hold down, it would look cool but there's no good place to anchor the wire.
Anecdotal, but I was having severe backfiring issues a while back (you may remember if you go back far enough on your posts), through intake and exhaust, but it never budged. Just giving you a little more peace of mind in the meantime. I agree with you, better to run it than not.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'm assuming you have checked places like
I wasn't going to check shipping costs because they wanted my credit card info first before calculating, but when I have used them in the past I don't remember them being outrageous for shipping.

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #776
#1 $17.70 and $8.09 shipping

#2 $17.70 and ??? shipping

#3 $16.06 and $10.02 shipping

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #777
Made a temp bracket that will get the job done until I can come across the retainer. Doesn't look to bad and plenty strong to hold the MAP sensor.

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,689 Posts
Can’t find any in local salvage yards or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Toxic Masculinity
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #779
Can’t find any in local salvage yards or anything?
My LKQ is an hour & half (round trip) and last time I didn't see any NNBS trucks out in the yard. Fuel, $3 entrance fee, cost of retainer, my time and still may come up empty, I'd rather just buy new. If I had other used things on my list It would be a much better option.

761 - 780 of 793 Posts