GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have someone interested in my tailgate skin and UPS's website says it's too big to ship, but that doesn't seem right to me. Am I going to have to ship it freight to the guy?

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
chances are it's too big. I run a shipping dept. and regularly use FedEx and UPS and you cannot ship items that are very big. You will most likely have to ship it via truck freight.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
by too big, he means dimensionally. FedEx and UPS won't take boxes over a certain size. Airborne Express will probably be able to ship it for you.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
I shipped my stock grille thru greyhound shipping :) and my rear bumper thru FedEx

Yea, and if I remember right, my new airdam came via UPS. So maybe they won't ship the skin because it's long and wide :shrug: But I don't know.

·
Wal-mart sucks
30 Posts
way2hi said:
If anyone can help me here's the weight and dimentions...
23 Lbs.
63"x23"x3"
this should help ya out. you need to enter the departure place and arrival place, then on the next screen is where you enter dimensions and shipping weight. If the link doesn't work just go to www.ups.com and go to thier shipping calculator.

http://wwwapps.ups.com/calTimeCost?loc=en_US

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
way2hi said:
If anyone can help me here's the weight and dimentions...
23 Lbs.
63"x23"x3"
Hey man, FedEx should take it. I run a shipping dept., and sometimes when I ship certain things I have to get a shipping cost for the government. So what I do is I have to plug in the dimensions of the box and give the weight. And if the dimensions are too big for FedEx to take, it will give me an error message. I entered the info. of your shipment and it gave me a shipping cost right back. So they should take it.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i don't think so. well, i know that for UPS you don't have to. When I ordered my roll pan about 2 yrs. ago I recieved one for a stepside. I had to print a UPS label to ship it back and was able to do it on my home computer.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't get it to work could you look and see how much it'd be to ship if you have the time?
My Zip: 12641 st rt 181 n
Bremen, Ky 42325
It' going to: 1419 Epsilon St.
Pasadena, TX 77504
Weight: 23 LBS.
Dimentions: 63"x23"x3"

Me and my dad ship stuff UPS and USPS all the time, never had a problem like this before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts