GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way of going about shipping a rearend. And how do you ship stuff do you just take it to ups and they take care of it or do you box it and then drop it off for shipping?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
foward air. It would cost you a fortune to do it with UPS!!!

find the closest foward air terminal, the receiver will have to pick it up at the closest one to them.

Also you have to crate it up, make sure its forklift compatable :crazy:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
For a rearend just put it on a pallet and strap it down good and solid. Then load it in the back of your truck and take it to a shipping dock of your choice, they will fill out the paper work, give you a bill, you give them money, and they will throw the pallet into a truck headed to the destination. UPS won't ship something that large or heavy.

·
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So would a company like ctx or other trucking companies ship it. And for the crate can i build my own or do i have to buy one.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Any freight company will ship it, it's up to you to find the cheapest place.

You do not need a crate, you only need a pallet. Go to Home Depot or some other place and find one in the dumpster that is big enough and tie the axle to it with some cheap rope nice and tight.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
foward air. It would cost you a fortune to do it with UPS!!!

find the closest foward air terminal, the receiver will have to pick it up at the closest one to them.

Also you have to crate it up, make sure its forklift compatable :crazy:
what he said. RL carriers, landair/forward air, and overnite express are in OH.

·
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does rl carriers have a web sight so i can find out were to drop it off.

·
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to that sight and got a price, and it said 175. And what does class mean, and does anyone now if they'll ship to a persons house.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts