GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after the damn CHP's picking on me so much I decided to give in to their little game:

Front Plate :bawl::

photo-1.jpg

No tint:bawl::bawl::
photo3.jpg

Super cool clear mud flaps :bawl::bawl::bawl::
photo2.jpg

Truck is "Ponch" Approved:

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
:bye: the mudflaps kill the look of the truck :imo more than the light tint and front plate

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Haha. Sucks for you.

In all serious-ness. Sorry. Truck still looks sick man.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
why do you need mudflaps in cali anyway? is it a road hazard to not have them or something?

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
they think with bigger wider tires and big lifts you're going to throw rocks and cars behind you.
sounds stupid but you cant really argue with it I guess, do you have mudflaps Sam?

·
Broke
1,169 Posts
why do you need mudflaps in cali anyway? is it a road hazard to not have them or something?
Ive gotten a crack in my shield because of a rock thrown from a big truck, but nothing life threatening :crazy:

The state is money hungry, I choose to keep my 25 bucks and roll legit :biggrin:

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:bawl:

technically they can still get you for tires sticking past fenders
Yep, my dumb ass thought that I needed the mud flaps and when I went to get it signed off the chp told me that I needed "mud guards" not mud flaps...:flame: the other chp didn't explain it to me well enough:crazy:

if they didnt have the sticker on them they wouldnt be bad :imo
sticker will come off, but so will the mudflaps since they're quick release :big_banana_Dance:

It's just used as an excuse to pull someone over really:flame:

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
why not put the plate in the stock holder and colormatch it too?

would look alot better than the way it is imo..

·
concrete *******
1,923 Posts
clear mudflaps :supergay:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
why not put the plate in the stock holder and colormatch it too?

would look alot better than the way it is imo..
I thought about that bud I don't have a stock holder I'll have to go get one...that was just a quick temporary placement for it to get signed off...

clear mudflaps :supergay:
I couldn't agree more :shake: but they're better than black rubber flaps :imo:

So I don't know what to do about the fender problem I have 3 choices:

1. Buy those bolt on fender flairs with all those fake bolts on em....?

2. Go Mallrunner/Broheim Design status and add fender flairs and make my truck Look like a prerunner...:hmm::think:

3. Take out the wheel spacers and get it signed off and put them back in and wait till I get caught again :lazer:

What do you guys think?

·
concrete *******
1,923 Posts
i'd say pull the spacers and get some huskyliner mudflaps, they are custom fit and can be painted b/c they are hard plastic like the flares.

or just buy the pocket style flares from bushwacker and paint em'

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
I thought about that bud I don't have a stock holder I'll have to go get one...that was just a quick temporary placement for it to get signed off...

I couldn't agree more :shake: but they're better than black rubber flaps :imo:

So I don't know what to do about the fender problem I have 3 choices:

1. Buy those bolt on fender flairs with all those fake bolts on em....?

2. Go Mallrunner/Broheim Design status and add fender flairs and make my truck Look like a prerunner...:hmm::think:

3. Take out the wheel spacers and get it signed off and put them back in and wait till I get caught again :lazer:

4. Trade Mauro for his 20x10's and call it a day

What do you guys think?

Yup, I agree, #4 would be your best bet :D:D :crazy: :lol:

Try getting a Fresno or Clovis PD to sign it off....and avoid a motorcycle unit....get a guy in a patrol car....the mud flap is technically enough, but CHP's will ALWAYS be cocks if you go and have them sign it off....any SLIGHT thing and they won't sign it off :shrug:

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
no, but i have been warned about not having them.
Ive gotten a crack in my shield because of a rock thrown from a big truck, but nothing life threatening :crazy:

The state is money hungry, I choose to keep my 25 bucks and roll legit :biggrin:
thats right brothers fight teh power :crazy:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts