GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.. got my license today...... all i wanted was a damn cheesburger and mcdonalds and this stupid lady just decides to run into me as i'm pullin out... it was on a hill as i was pullin out so she just drove up under the truck and jacked up the rollpan......... this sucks balls.. on a better note.. shes payin to fix it and no insurance will be contacted..

J7.jpg

J8.jpg

J9.jpg

my friends had to talk to the lady and drive me home... i was in tears and didnt know what to think but sit there and repeat "sh*t.... i feel sick" over and over.. or somethin like that

on a good note for cameron... those welds didnt go anywhere! i feel sorry for the poor dealship cuttin those bad boys out of there.. lol

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
that sucks - glad insurence will take care of it though.

16 year old drivers :crazy:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
That sucks, but it looks like it didn't touch your new tailgate ... the rollpan should be pretty easy to fix .. sorry you had such a bad experience.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Ouch!!

So you're 16 now, lets say you drive till you're 80, and if you get rearended every 270 minutes... you're going to get rear ended 124586 2/3 times before you're 80 :crazy:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dark Eternal said:
that sucks - glad insurence will take care of it though.

16 year old drivers :crazy:

insurance aint takin care of it... old lady is payin for it without contacting insurance

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
make her get you some 03 tails for your trouble:head:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Looks like cam did a great job welding it in...didn't crack or anything at the seams from the stress :head:

Sorry to hear about your luck...that is not cool :imo

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what sucks is the chick hit me doin maybe 3 mph at the most... weak metal.. time for some reinforcement back there :crazy:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i mean... a hidden hitch and then fab up some bars back there.. so next time its gonna take out the bitches whole front end.. lol

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Thats why I leave my ball in the back :D By my calculuations it should go right through the radiator and into the intake manifold of a civic...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Whifflebat said:
EH stock bumper wouldn't have done much better really, theyre pretty light (i can pick one up with 2 fingers... )
I got rearended in a parking lot doing about 5mph ... I had my stock bumper. It dented the bumper and pushed it into my bed. You can see a mark to the right side of my truck below the tail light ... when I get the rollpan molded in I'll get it fixed.

25860985.gif

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i need sleep.. if yall have any questions PM TheLlama or wait til he makes it to this thread.. he'll prolly update it for yall.. he handled it for me because i was in shock and didnt know what to do.. he had to drive me home.. haha

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'm likin' that sticker Bill :rocking: Yeah I had to install a bumper on a nbs suburban, picked up the box and was like... is there anything in here? Sucks. On my dads 1990 suburban (73-87 bodystyle), he's backed into so many different things. Each time we just pull the bumper off, bang it back into the shape and its good as new. Never has touched the body.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Lol, J bout crapped himself. Then i assured him it wasnt that bad and we laughed it off. Things are going pretty smoothly with the lady and i think we should have it fixed next week!

·
Registered
299 Posts
man i know that crap is gonna happen to me the day i get my liscense also. im debating on leaving the bumper there for a couple months then molding a pan into it

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Damn! the day you get your license! :eek:wned: :LOL:

I got rear ended in a parking lot a few months ago.. suprised he didn't take my taillight out! It all got fixed very quickly, as should yours :D :D
Resize_of_Rotation_of_P4160160.jpg

Resize_of_P4160001.jpg

·
Registered
531 Posts
TheLlama said:
Lol, J bout crapped himself. Then i assured him it wasnt that bad and we laughed it off. Things are going pretty smoothly with the lady and i think we should have it fixed next week!
hah, the story you told me on the phone was better. :D On another note sux about the truck but better she is payin for it then you.

JJ tell your dad to get ready to paint some more tails before saturday. :evil:

·
RIP Jason Payne
1,824 Posts
haha dont worry about that its minor... I know a girl that totalled her brand new civic first day of driving. And congrats on the license.

And about keeping a ball on the hitch, I keep one in ALL winter and this past winter it saved my ass.. I have a 80 pound steel hitch and when a focus slid into me it mangled its front end.. couple grand worth of damage to him and not a penny to me. :anitoof:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts