GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the pic below and lemme know if any of you guys have had or are still having this same issue. Its like the shock boot is sealed and all of the air gets sucked out of it and it gets all deformed. Any solutions to this issue? It doesnt affect performance in any way, but just looks ugly as hell.

shockboot.jpg

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
a small air hole would probably do the trick, no? How about poking a hole small enough for a can of compressed air straw to fit in, to blow it back up, and then enlarge that hole just a little. I'd do it on the bottom.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I put a small hole in the bottoms of my shock boots and have had no problems with it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool...I just hesitated to do something like that worrying that it would defeat the purpose of the boot. But I gues a small little hole isnt going to let much in other than air. Someone needs to invent a small little straw like piece of plastic that has a filter on one end so that it can be put in the boot, let air in, but keep shit out.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Your boot is prolly too far down on the shock body. THey have vent holes on them and they are possibly covered. I dont run shock boots I think they hold more shit in there when wheeled than they keep out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just take em off. Shock boots are gay IMO

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
Your boot is prolly too far down on the shock body. THey have vent holes on them and they are possibly covered. I dont run shock boots I think they hold more shit in there when wheeled than they keep out.
big:word: when i cut mine off my jeep a decent bit of mud fell out....just get rid of them imo

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
I cut mine off when we hadn't had rain in weeks and there was still moisture inside. They do more harm than good imo

·
Registered
259 Posts
Shock boots are Useless. As stated they do more harm than good

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As dumb as Im going to sound right now, I honestly had no idea you could take them off. I thought the components they were "protecting" couldnt be exposed to the elements. Good deal then, off they come!

·
Registered
259 Posts
One more cheap mod acomplished:)

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
I had a ton of mud and water come out of one of my front ones before and the stem was rusted.

What about when wheeled or in dirty enviroments? Wont the mud, dust or dirt hurt them?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I had a ton of mud and water come out of one of my front ones before and the stem was rusted.

What about when wheeled or in dirty enviroments? Wont the mud, dust or dirt hurt them?
my point exactly why i don't run them.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
I was going to take mine off but I was concerned about dust and dirt getting inside the shock body and the stem rusting from being exposed.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
I was going to take mine off but I was concerned about dust and dirt getting inside the shock body and the stem rusting from being exposed.
The seal inside the shock body will keep the dust and dirt out. The shaft wont rust because the seal will clean everything off when the shock is cycled.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
I've never had them. One less thing to mess up :imo

1 - 20 of 27 Posts