GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was the day when I was going to order my new Bilstein shocks. I was going to go with the 5100 Series , part # BE5-6252-H5, but there is a problem. The vender I was going to buy from only has 2 of these in stock, so I asked him to see how long it would take to get the other two in. I get a call a lil later and he said they would come in late April early May!

I guess SuperLift is now offering Bilstein shocks on their kits, so they have Bilstein in a pretty big back-order. So this leaves me with a big head ache.

Option 1 - I keep calling venders to see if they have 4 of these shocks in stock.
Option 2 - Order the 5150 Series with the piggy-back system on it that would cost me a $100 more total, part # BF5-A195-H1.
Option 3 - Just wait for the back-order :nono:

I've only seen one truck with the 5150's on it and it kinda looked funny, I think it was a SuperDuty. So I'm not sure if it would look good on my truck and I'm not even sure it would be worth the extra $. I talked to a tech at Bilstein and he said the 5100 and the 5150 have the same valving but the piggy back gives it a lil more travel.

So if its not worth the extra $100 I can hold out and wait for the back order. Let me know what you think.

Caleb

·
Registered
144 Posts
Caleb,

There's a ton of places to pick up Bilsteins online. I know if you check out the "other" board, there's several shock links. Give some of them a shout to see if they have em. As far as the 5150's I thought the same thing...they might be cool, but I wonder if they will really be worth the $ difference. Let me know what you go with and how you like them because this is one of my spring purchase plans. Superlift shocks suck.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I would try some different place to buy, there are tons of options.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after thinking of the few venders off the top of my head and checking the internet to see who else sold these, I probably made about 8 or 9 calls with no success. But then I thought of a company that I didn't check yet, Offroad Warehouse. Called them up and they had 8 in stock :rocking: . Made the order and they'll be here Thursday.

I talked to a tech at Bilstein earlier today and asked some questions that I've been wanting to know. I found out that you can run these shocks whatever way you want and it won't effect them, so I'm gonna run these the opposite way I have my SL shocks setup right now. And that the seal on the 5100 is good enough so I don't have to run boots, which is a plus for me.

So I'll get the shocks Thursday, install them Saturday and wash my truck the same day and snap some pics of the new setup. :head: Next on my list to do is gonna be my front end. Far too long that front end has bothered me.

Thanks for the help guys :gmfs:

Caleb

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Nice, once they are on take some high-res ones and email them to me for the GMFS screen saver!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dark Eternal said:
Nice, once they are on take some high-res ones and email them to me for the GMFS screen saver!
I think that could be arranged. :rocking: Gonna need Romo's help with the Digi cam tho

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
King Z71 said:
. I talked to a tech at Bilstein and he said the 5100 and the 5150 have the same valving but the piggy back gives it a lil more travel.

Caleb
:bs: Reservoirs are made to hold extra oil/hydrogen to keep shocks cool as they heat up under extreme conditions. They offer no extra travel at all, and the only thing you'll be needing them for (unless you race, which I doubt) is looks. :read:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
awesome king, pm me with some specs and stuff on the size and the type i'm intrested in purchasing some soon too! I'll wanna see pics hehe glad you found a vendor

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bilstein can't seem to keep up w/ produuction at all. This was an issue way before Superlift came into the picture. Glad to hear you found a set.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
MotoHead said:
Those look nice! Put those suckers on and get some pics!

MotoHead

:word:

Glad you found a set! Now get them bolted on a take a pics like Moto said :head:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts