GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still not happy with the ride after my McGaugy drop. I used the 2" front spindles and hanger/shackle combination to drop the rear 3 1/2". I get, what I consider, way too much bounce. Looking at how the kit achieves the drop, I can't see where it should have any impact on ride quality itself.

I'm not hitting the bump stops so I am guessing that the drop has had an impact on how the shocks are working. I am guessing that the stock shocks have been compressed too much (the 3 1/2) and therefor have no travel? Does this make sense?

I'm thinking of getting some new shocks. Probably some Doetsch or maybe Edlebrocks. If I order new shocks though, will they just have the same problem or do they make shocks specfic for this drop application?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Badassilverado said:
Oh yeah, drop shocks will ride much better. In fact, I lowered my truck 3" in the front and 4" in the rear and the stock shocks blew within a week or so. I remember how rediculously bouncy and loose the ride was; at first it was nice but after awhile became horrible.

I was only waiting on my shocks to be delivered I believe. Ideally it should've all have been installed at once as the stockers can't handle it. If I were you I'd go with some Doetch Tech's if you want to keep the stock feel or if you want a stiff/performance ride...go with the Edelbrock's.
Cool, okay. I was definetly leaning toward the Doetsch.

Any suggestion on the best place to order them from?

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Slawinitup said:
Are the nitro shocks anygood ?
My brother had nitro drops and they were crap. He bought some DT's and it's all good now...

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
whats wrong with the nitro shocks? you do meen the Belltech Nitro drop shocks, right? are they stiff, cause thats what i'm looking for. a nice firm sporty ride with my 3/6 drop on my 03.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slawinitup said:
with a 5/7 which doetsch shocks do i need and are there any specific ones i need for the front / back thanks ..
The fronts and rears will be different. I looked at Doetsch's site for you but they stop at 4/6. Prolly will work though. I ordered mine from www.macsspring.com. Give them a call they are very helpful and will steer you in the right direction.

Mine arrived next day here in CA and no shipping .... that's awesome. Now I just hope they do the trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts