GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have rancho 9000x but I think they are too short so I ordered pro comp 9000es for the front in a longer length. Anyways on my ranchos the bushing hole is way bigger than the shock mount bolt so the hole shock moves with your hand up and down on the bolt and makes a terrible clunk on every bump. I dont know if this is because the shock could be too short or if it needs some sort of sleeve in there or somethin. I'm hoping the new pro comps wont do this? Does anyone use sleeves in the bushing? If I need those how the heck do i know what size to order? thanks

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should the ranchos have come with it?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I would think so. I know i have bought several sets of pro comps and they have always come with more than enough extras to make them work.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to hear hopefully they will have what I need :) Now I just need to find a impact wrench so I dont have to do this again by hand :(

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
if they dont come with em, maybe check a junkyard or something
i have an impact if you want to drive to lincoln, haha

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got the pro comps today and one shock has the sleeves on it and the other doesn't dammit to hell!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4wheelparts is gettin a call in th emornin and then pro comp i'm tired of messin with shocks ha

hmm the part number they sent me lists the shocks as being for a s-10 wtf

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
They are called shock bushings sleeves, and you can get them for less than a dollar at any local parts store. In town i have bought then for 25 cents a piece.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do i know what size i need and does it matter that the shocks they sent are for a s10 and not a fullsize?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I wouldnt order from them again after what i went through getting my lift. I order all my shocks from Summit Racing. They always get me the right stuff and quick. Try them next time.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I may just tell them to take them back and go with somethin else from summit or someone lol 4wheelparts always messes up

·
Registered
162 Posts
Shocks are notorious for coming without the proper sleeves, bushings, whatever. I sell them everyday...you wouldn't believe what I see. I've actually pulled "brand new" shocks out of the box and they have no sleeves or bushings and have grease marks on them from an attempted install. As far as the part number being listed for a different truck, that happens because one particular shock may fit 5, 10, 20 different applications. They will usually list the most common along with the part number, or s-10 in your case.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up ordering all different stuff from summit just now and I'm gonna call 4wheelparts in the morning to take theres back. I am tired of dealin with that company, every time i order something is missing :)

·
[>
3,255 Posts
My shocks had the incorrect sleeve bushing combo I needed. So I removed the sleeve from the stock shocks and bored out the bushing on the new shock and pressed in the stock sleeve into the bored out bushings of the new shocks...
Worked like a charm!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought of that but I dont have my stockers anymore ;) Hopefully the new shocks from summit have the right ones if not i'll run to an auto store with the bolt and figure out what I need from there. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
My shocks had the incorrect sleeve bushing combo I needed. So I removed the sleeve from the stock shocks and bored out the bushing on the new shock and pressed in the stock sleeve into the bored out bushings of the new shocks...
Worked like a charm!
You, sir, are the minority. Most people would bring the shocks and a bitchfest back to the store with them. And god forbid a customer ever calls the people that manufactured and packaged the parts. Rant off.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts