GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty much sold on a ReadyLIFT leveling kit but would really like to hear from someone who has actually put a ReadyLIFT on there truck and if there were any shock issues.

My concern is that the shock wont have enough travel and top out if I raise the truck 2.5 inches and ride like chit.

Is this a concern or am I over thinking this? I drive too much to screw the pooch on this deal and I just cannot afford to piss the cash away.

Any help would be great

PP

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
dont waste ur 230 bucks...all it is is keys, but like i mentioned in your other thread i would see how far your stock keys will get you, it might just be enough that your wanting and if not then spend 60 bucks on some ford keys and get it aligned.

and i dont think the stock shocks will top out on the 1500s like on the 2500s, but a nice set of shocks will improve the ride...if your really concerned about your ride dont go over 2" otherwise you will have minimal droop.

for some comparision my first truck was a 03 z71 1500 and i had my stock keys maxed with an aal in the rear and it was level...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Z-71 but EVERYONE I talk to says not to crank up the stock bars. I would rather be safe since Im new at this shit. I found a deal on a set another member has that are NIB so I think Im going to go that way, Im just worried about the shock thing.......

Thanks for the input, that is a sweet ride ya got there too.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I had a ford ranger with the bars cranked 2" for 30k miles without any issues whoever told you that doesn't know what they are talkin about.

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
What do you think the readylift is going to do? Its a new key that allows you to crank further thank the stock keys. You will have shock problems if you crank the ready lift to far.

Heres the best solution and smartest IMO.Crank the stock keys and see what the truck looks likes.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
cranking your stock bars or running keys is the exact same effect, they both end up stiffening/clocking/loading the torsion bars to raise and stiffen the front end....with keys it just allows you to adjust them more so if anything you can run into more problems running a leveling kit/keys.

·
Deep South
1,313 Posts
cranking your stock bars or running keys is the exact same effect, they both end up stiffening/clocking/loading the torsion bars to raise and stiffen the front end....with keys it just allows you to adjust them more so if anything you can run into more problems running a leveling kit/keys.
:word:

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I have true ready lift keys your shock are not long enough. Your green (stock) keys will get you level if you bury that bolt but you have no fine tuning ability aka making sure all four corners are the same

Edit if I did it over again I would buy ford keys they fit perfect and are cheaper

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
where in MI are you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts