GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is bad about mounting your shocks upside down? i have some procomp es3000's that came with my lift and one in the rear won't mount the right way, so i have it flipped for now. will it cause any permanent damage if i run it like this for a few days? (its a twin tube shock, and from what i've read you're not supposed to mount these upside down)

·
Registered
405 Posts
what is bad about mounting your shocks upside down? i have some procomp es3000's that came with my lift and one in the rear won't mount the right way, so i have it flipped for now. will it cause any permanent damage if i run it like this for a few days? (its a twin tube shock, and from what i've read you're not supposed to mount these upside down)
I had a set of 3000's when I did my torsion key & block lift, had to mount the fronts upside down. It should be fine. There are just certain types of shocks that aren't supposed to be upside down

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
gas shocks shouldnt be mounted upside down. it causes the gas not to be able to pressurize the piston or something and acts as if there is no shock there:read:

·
Registered
246 Posts
i called cognito about my es300 rear shocks and they said that these shocks were made to be mounted either way...

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Twin tubes NEED to be mounted body down. A mono tube can go either way. I suggest you flip them, your ride quality will increase. upside down twin tubes is like having a busted shock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts