GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent changed my front shocks since i bagged my truck 2 years ago, and those shocks were actually used on my 3/5 for a 3 months before that.should i change them out? i feel like they might be a little worn after being worked the past 2 years from the bags, also the ride has been a little rugged,how long have u guys waited before changin shocks.and what types u guys using,i got ground force shocks up front

·
Registered
397 Posts
02chevy said:
i havent changed my front shocks since i bagged my truck 2 years ago, and those shocks were actually used on my 3/5 for a 3 months before that.should i change them out? i feel like they might be a little worn after being worked the past 2 years from the bags, also the ride has been a little rugged,how long have u guys waited before changin shocks.and what types u guys using,i got ground force shocks up front
Was running on stockers for 93k until I dropped my truck. Now I am running Doestch Tech with the DJM kit and I love them. KYB and Bilstein are also good.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just wondering cuz having a lowered stance usually puts more wear on the shocks and i wanted to see how long most of u guys run a set of shocks for, on average

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they arent neccessarily engineered to compensate for an unusually rough ride, they are engineered to work well with short suspension travel,that is what lowered shocks are fo

·
Registered
397 Posts
02chevy said:
they arent neccessarily engineered to compensate for an unusually rough ride, they are engineered to work well with short suspension travel,that is what lowered shocks are fo
But they are designed to not be as "soft" (they are stiffer). If they were just shorter and not stiffer, you would bottom out even on the littlest dips.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
maybe you should call up the doectch tech, or shock company place asking them whats up... get a few people opinions that work with them... just my .02 + i fucking love your truck.... u never sent me the pics for the ps bodydrop...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts