GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to pickup some products that are a little better than the normal off the shelf stuff Ive been using.

Ive got some swirls, not too awful bad but I notice them. Ive been using Eagle One Nano Wax, and it hides the swirls very well but Id like to polish them out and use a higher quailty wax to really clean things up. Any suggestions for products that will work well with red paint?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Have you tried NuFinish? It works good on my truck. Theres some other good ones but the names escape me now

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
i would suggest optimum polish, is very easy use and work with......

and as far as wax goes i dunno..??.....i have a hard time suggesting certain waxes to anyone cuz they all basically do the same thing......yeah some lay thivcker than others and last longer but i would suggest gotin with a sealant of some sort after you polish...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Red is very similar to black in that you can get some great results out of it.
Are you working by hand? NVR2LO is right in suggesting optimum polish. By machine it has great working time. All optimum products are very good for that matter, but I wouldnt suggest anything stronger if working by hand.
You could also do poliseal, which is a polish containing some sealant.
However, seeing as how you're working w/ a red truck, I'd stick to one of my favorite combos to finish, red moose glaze and nattys blue paste wax.
So, to answer your question, heres what I'd do.
Polish using either optimum polish, or ssr1 and or ssr2 (2 is stronger than 1).
Then go to red moose glaze, and finally finish with nattys blue paste wax.
For routine maintenance, wash with a quality soap like super slick n suds or optimum car wash using grit guards in your bucket and a sheepskin wash mitt. I always make sure to use a quick detailer after my washes to extend the life of the wax and time required before rewaxing.
Hope this helps :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts