GMC Truck Forum banner

Should i get a 2 or 3" body lift?

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  tivoli410 
#1 ·
I have 96 z71 with 22" forte rims sittin on 305/40's and i dont know if i want to put a 2 or 3" body lift on it becuase eventually i'll get 24's but i dont know what brand to get. I dont want the rims to look to small on the truck but at the same time i want it to sit just a little higher than stock. Also should i get the rear bumper added too becuase i noticed alot of the lifts ive been lookin at doesnt come with the rear bumper lift. Internet links will be helpful if possible.

Thanks guys

#3 ·
lifting a 4wd truck to clear bigger RIMS? what is the world coming to

Now that I have that out of the way I would go with the 3" body lift and get a Performance Accessories kit. You can get the bumper kit extra or go on ebay and buy the MASTER KIT. That will come with both bumper relocaters, gap guards, and the body lift...Definitely the way to go.

#7 ·
man thats terrible. Im agreeing with the guys, lifting a 4x4 truck to clear a set of dubs. How gay are you? Im not even gonna answer the question, IMO you should take the truck and give it to the closest ******* to return to normal.

#9 ·
I have been thinking of adding a body lift too my truck too. I want to clear 38x14.50x28s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.