GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think the sides of my truck look kind of plain without them. what would a set of 4 color matched flares run, how hard are they to install, and where might i find them? would i be better off getting OEM or should i just get a set of bushwackers and have them painted? they might offset my wheels sticking out if i can get this 8 bolt thing to happen. thanks.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I think you should get fender flares (I'd get them on my rig, but I didn't like how they looked on the sportside). Sorry, I don't have any prices, but if it was me, I'd get the OEM ones from GM. I'm like that though, I always try to buy official parts (I've been burned too many times with cheap aftermarket). But, of course you are going to be paying more for the GM ones...

BTW, did you ever figure out how to get the HD rim on your rig or are you still working on that?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
i love color matched flares. i have black ones(red truck) right now and they look like total shit IMO. i think a set of factory painted ones run 600 plus shipping from GMPD. i think, im not sure.

i need to get mine painted badly, need to find a good paint shop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also vote to go with the OE flares. They come pre-painted and also GM has accessory kits that are way cheaper than buying them seperate. If you are in good with your dealer, they are usually cheaper than aftermarket anyway. I'll check at work Monday and PM you with the part #'s and what you can expect on pricing from your dealer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fender Flares always add that extra touch. I say go for it and get some. You might try looking on ebay, theres usally factory flares on there.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I like the look of OEM ones, I want some :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts