GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i have almost decided against it.. it is jsut gonna drain my money too fast! and i want new exhaust for my harley before upcoming bike events! :D

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
Im not sure but if the motor has a TBI uit you can rebuildit and get a good amount of horsepower out of it for really cheap. I would do it if you have suffcient funds and the pashents to do all of the work. I would do it if that is the case and feel like you can do it. Also since you have the motor and bed off it would be a great time to put a lift on it. Those old trucks are great to work on and one of the best trucks for runnin the hell out of. Do it man!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
short bed

i am doing a budget build hopfully staying under its value the whole time and doing it in stages.. first thing i will do is pull the bed and start doing the body work on it. then pull the int. out and prep the inside for paint maybe pull the motor and paint it and put new seals in it!

still in the planning process!

U said it's leaking oil bad? wiring is a mess? I'd check to make sure it didn't over heat and warp the heads, block etc. If all is good and just seals do it. Either way u can get those motors from a junk yard pretty cheap and rebuild kit's aren't that unreasonalbe. I say do it!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts