GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gm truck junkie
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know im gonna paint the cap but should i paint the bottom too or will that just get f**ked up too much? what are the steps that should be taken to paint these to make sure the paint sticks?

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I think it would get messed up too easily. I was planning on painting mine but realized as a DD it would just get trashed, especially with bags.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Im still debating on painting mine or not.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
If you've got a significant drop, it will get damaged quicker by rocks and stuff flying into it all the time, but you can touch it up from time to time. To paint that plastic, if you want it smooth, you have to sand it off smooth first. Then spray it with some adhesion promoter/flex agent. Primer (to get rid of any scratches) and then paint and clear.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I wanna smooth and paint my lower airdamn, I say go for it! Or just get a SS cap :insane: :anitoof:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
they make a paintable upper cap for your truck... i'd buy that. If you wanna paint the bottom, and ever plan to lower ur truck, i'd plan on getting it repainted alot. I just left mine the stock color b/c i've dragged it, hit shit with it, etc. Mine is all torn up. If they paint it right, it should stay relatively chip free:read:

·
Registered
711 Posts
i have a 4/6 drop and mine is painted. it only gets torn up on the sides where it scrapes when i'm hitting bumps at an angle. i just spray a quick coat of spray paint since mine is black. your is white so it would be just as easy. just slide some paper in between the lower valance and the chrome then spray away...really easy. unless you plan on getting a smooth one, i'de just spray it with duplicolor or sumthin. the texture is enough to hold the paint on. mine holds through the pressure washer and everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts