GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really been thinking about removing my lift and probably just going to a small leveling kit.. I absolutely love the look of my truck, but I'm tired of being fast from 0-50 and then feeling held back from 50 on. I have 4.10 gears, and 33 Trail graps with 20x10 fuel kranks, which I know don't help the whole having a fast truck thing. I've also been contemplating a supercharger or turbo but I don't want to be disappointed if the lift and tires will still be holding me back a lot. What it boils down to, is I hate knowing the potential my truck has with the full bolt ons and cam/stall but not being able to go to it's full potential. Sorry for the rant guys! The question is, what would you guys recommend? And also are the rc 2.5 lift/level a whole suspension kit or would I need to remove my current 6in bds and put all the stock components in. I also thought about a 4inch bds, remove the body lift, and going to a 31inch tire on my widish rims. But that might look too goofy..

·
Registered
826 Posts
could always complete engine mods you want. find out if you are disappointed and if you are then remove lift, and if youre not then coooooool

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Get the go fast mods &/or taller gears. Plenty of lifted trucks that are very quick

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
You have challenges with tall trucks and trying to go fast. Due to barn-like aerodynamics, you need more power than if the truck were slammed.

The cheap - deeper gears. Your LS based engine would still yield decent mpg even at higher rpm.

The 'spensive - F1 Procharger. Nuff said on this one.

Don't take the lift off for the purpose of going a little faster.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have challenges with tall trucks and trying to go fast. Due to barn-like aerodynamics, you need more power than if the truck were slammed.

The cheap - deeper gears. Your LS based engine would still yield decent mpg even at higher rpm.

The 'spensive - F1 Procharger. Nuff said on this one.

Don't take the lift off for the purpose of going a little faster.

Would a turbo/supercharger still be a day/night difference ya think? I've been close about pulling the trigger but I don't want to be disappointed dropping $8 grand on it.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
What truck?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
5.3, 6.2, 4.8? Which trans?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
6.2, 6l80
Yes, a turbo/supercharger will like night/day. You will NOT be disappointed with that particular purchase.

Put aside some extra money so when you grenade your rear end and/or trans you'll be able to replace or rebuild with stronger parts to withstand a higher horsepower engine trying to turn heavier tires and wheels.

Im surprised you are disappoint with the 6.2 tho.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't say I'm not happy with the power, but I feel like with a cam/stall, tune, full bolt ons and 4.10's with 33's I should be running a sub 6 second 0-60 since stock is a 6ish time

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
6 secs sounds doable. You can't be that far off from that now

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Is your tune mailorder?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Damn, I need a 6.2 bad.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Nope, blackbear autocal
Don't know what that is, but unless that truck was tuned on a dyno or on the street, there are still some things left on the table.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts