GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had tint on anything. Never really cared for it, but lately been thinking of doing it cause its so damn hot and i have electronics inside now and would like them to not be seen.

Only way im doing it is do it my self. Not paying a whole lot for something i dont think is worth that and im kinda tight on cash. Ebay has the pre cut tint for 30 shipped.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/tint-pro_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

I think i want to go through and buy it but idk if i want 35 or 20%. I dont want to get 35 and be un satisfied. But idk how 20 will look on a white truck. Any opinions.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saw some pics looks like 20 wouldnt be too dark looking. I know on a white truck it will probably look dark.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I ordered some from elite tint on ebay. Turned out good! If I can get my camera to work I will post some pics.

I had 35% and put 20% on top of that so its really like 5% now.

·
****-Ass Member
104 Posts
I tried tinting my own windows on my Jeep Rubicon. It was the worst idea i've ever had. Came out horrible. Just pay someone else to do it...Around here its 20 bucks a window.

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,285 Posts
I personally would of paid the 60 bucks to tint the front windows and been done with it. Everytime I see a car with bubbling tint I think, "dumbass." The kit you bought might be different, but good luck!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well ive tinted before. Just not my vehicles. Its like 150-175 here for sides and back glass. I would never pay that for a mod thats not that important to me, so im gonna try this ebay tint and let ya know how it turns out.

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
Well ive tinted before. Just not my vehicles. Its like 150-175 here for sides and back glass. I would never pay that for a mod thats not that important to me, so im gonna try this ebay tint and let ya know how it turns out.
:whoa: I paid $110 which included my extended cab, my brow, and removing the old tint that I already had on it.....

I'm thinking once you tint, you won't go back. At least thats how I am. I can't stand not having tint now, I feel like I'm naked :rofl2: plus the sun is a dick.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i hope i like it. i wanted 35 at first but went ahead and ordered all 20% i dont like 5% friend had it and we couldnt even see out his ride at night lol

·
Under the Radar
964 Posts
Tint is one of the few things I won't do myself. I just don't have enough patience. When doing it yourself water is your friend, and don't roll down your window for a couple days afterwards.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I paid $75 for my back 3 tinted 5% on top of the factory tint. It is very dark but worth every penny. I do not see how it is not an important mod. It does a few things:

Keeps your truck cooler
Keeps prying eyes out
Saves your interior from fading and cracking
Looks great

In fact you still might able to see the equipment that you want to hide with that percentage. But hope your happy with it.

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
Tint is one of the few things I won't do myself. I just don't have enough patience. When doing it yourself water is your friend, and don't roll down your window for a couple days afterwards.
water is useless, must have a lubericant. best i have seen and used is baby shampoo mixed with water

And tint is one of the best things to do to a truck, changes the luck very much and 20% doesn't look that dark on anything but white looks very good with tint(kinda answered a few posts there)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts