GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically just trying to redo what I have so far. I bought a used subthump a few weeks ago for two 10's. Went down to a local stereo shop and started talking. He offered a box for two 12's for mine plus 20 bucks.

is there a big difference between 12's and 10's. Since its going under a ext cab backseat is there going to be enough airspace? Just trying to find out if its worth it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not brand for brand, I have a empty subthump for two 10's right now. He said he would build one for two 12's carpeted and everything... All I have to do is give him mine and throw 25 bucks on top.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I were you I would research the model of subs you want to purchase and check the airspace requirements. I can't precisely remember but something tells me that two 12's may be a little cramped back there. With that all being said, I would just like to add that you shouldn't feel obligated to bump up to 12's just because they are bigger than the 10's. Decent 10's sound better than shitty 12's.

·
1,847 Posts
I would say no because of airspace. Keep what you have :imo

a typical 12 needs a lot of airspace. W/O enough airspace it'll sound like total hell.

·
Registered
564 Posts
just got rid of two fosgate p2 twelves under my backseat, sounded like shit and took up too much space, the box stuck out from under the seat. i just put two tens in and now the sound is a lot cleaner for my liking... thinking of raising the seat and putting in four tens...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have two Infinity Perfect 10's in a down-firing subthump box under my rear seat in a 2000 Silverado ext.cab 4x4. With 600W amp to the subs and two layers of Raamat insulation, it hits hard.IMO

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have two 12" solobaric classics, but I did raise my back seat to make the box big enough, they pound pretty good and sound really clean for kicker

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
what do you hope you will achieve by going with 12s over the 10"?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts