GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a couple new things for the HD.

On the "to-do" mod list is tow mirrors and black N-Fabs. My diamond plate bed rails and toolbox must stay for work purposes. But, over the years the finish has gone to crap. So I'm thinking doing them black as well.

So the only things "chrome" will be the wheels, billet up front, bumpers, and side mouldings.

So my question is... should I go black with the tow mirrors, n-fabs, and toolbox/rails???

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....

Anyone else???

I got bored today and pulled the toolbox and bed rails off. Cleaned up the truck and compounded/waxed the bed. I need to put the rails back on due to the paint rubbage that occured over the last 7 yrs. with them on the truck. So, I prepped and painted the rails black so far. They actually came out pretty decent.

I'll have pics up tomorrow.

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
today is yesterday's tomorrow so....................pics?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
would look good all black. also buy a new hood and sell me yours. lol.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
paint match it all. Sell that tool box and get a flush mount one. Also paint match those fender flares. truck looks good tho

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
1,847 Posts
I'd get your bed, bed caps, and tool box line-x'ed. It would look good I think. But is not yes on the black and yes for tow mirrors.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, well like I said above, I have to "cover" the top of the bedrails b/c the diamond plate rails rubbed the paint pretty bad over the last 7 yrs. So I've put them back on, black, for now. Maybe later I'll have the bed Line-X'd and have them wrap the tops of the bedrails in Line-X.

Rubbage: :pissed:

Before:

After:

·
dieselz powerz
82 Posts
Looks much better... what kinda paint did ya use?

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha.. well I actually used two types b/c thats what I had. They were both just satin black spray cans. I cleaned them first, scuffed with scotch brite, cleaned with paint prep/deglosser, adhesion promoter, and painted with multiple coats.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
They look pertyy.. Are you still thinking about doing a skid plate type deal in the front with black diamond. Or did you decide you like the X bar from the cognito showing?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
if the painted bed rails dont hold up they also make plastic ones that look really clean, they are lighty textured and come with or without the stake pockets holes.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys!

I might do the skid plate eventually. The stocker is actually back on now, trimmed.

Yeah, my 06' CC has the factory, black plastic ones. They fit nice too so that may be an option at some point.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
The black rails look really good I like them way better then the polished before. Got some pictures of them on the truck yet?

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, the black rails really don't stand out too much now b/c the paint is such dark blue.

I may eventually go with an over the rail Line-X or just do an under the rail Line-X with the OEM black textured caps.

Pics are in the link above to a new thread I made. But, hell, I'll copy/paste them here as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts