GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zero idea why I am adding content here but I am bored. Some of you (7 total people that still are here from back in the day and cared) know what showtruck is. Well show truck started as my 2002 reg cab short bed 2wd 4.8 auto. Quick history is my dad bought brand new than sold to my sister than I bought from her. Than I lifted it blah blah sold it 6 years later bought it back after it was wrecked. Fixed it and than got the itch to be able to actual wheel harder.

Plan is super duty axles in a 4wd frame that i got during my buying of all the nbs trucks I buy. Its also is getting the sc 408 out of racetruck (my 2004 yukon denali). Still not 100% sure what tire size I will end up on as I wanted to stick with 35s but its looking like its going to be higher than it currently is. As of right now its not off the shelf so some trial and error.

Since Wisconsin makes everything rust instantly i had some spots to repair and replace on the frame.

Axles as I said are super duty axles. I have 2 fronts a dana 50 and a 60 the 50 is being mocked up with and roller. Since I am not sure what tire I am going to be running I am not sure what gear I am going to be running. If I am correct I might be on 40s. Would rather be at 37s if possible.

Oh and I suck at making long posts that have any flow so deal with my rambling.

Photos are just there so figure it out. First one is current. Than the frame and than both my piles of oxidized metal.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,775 Posts
Subd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumper fits just need a small notch. But this isn't the bumper I am running so its kicked out a hair. This was in front of my other bumper so I just grabbed this one.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I’m in

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What ever happened to the Camaro build?
In the other garage. It will get the motor and trans out of showtruck. The drive train is 125k miles.

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,255 Posts
A build thread? Wtf?! Haha I'm in!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not set in stone yet, you're pretty set on leaf sprung front?
Not set in stone because I have just the frame so I don't have weight on it to see where I am at. I am fine with leafs for now. There is a lot of parts to this project. For the most part frame wise I just need to put shock mounts up front.

·
Registered
Solid axle '01 Tahoe/'03 Sierra/'18 Silverado
193 Posts
It's a pretty extensive project. Makes sense to go for simplicity. You probably don't want this being a 5 year long project.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still need to weld the shock towers in so I will touch up and finish the inside the frame rails than. Plus I ran out of paint. I am done for the day as its the last day of my covid vacation and I plan to enjoy it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So how much equivalent lift are you thinking it'll end up with?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So how much equivalent lift are you thinking it'll end up with?
Roughly 8-9. It was going to be 6ish but I changed springs to longer ones

·
Registered
193 Posts
So longer= further back on the frame
So the spring eyes end up lower in relation to the frame? Therefore more effective "lift", if i got that right?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So longer= further back on the frame
So the spring eyes end up lower in relation to the frame? Therefore more effective "lift", if i got that right?
Yes and these have more arch and are stiffer than the other ones I was planning on using so its more so from the arch. Others were pretty flat.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like to party so why not go bigger.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts