GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my stock battery crapped out. It appears that acid has started leaking around the positive batt. terminal. This happened to my dads Tahoe, except the the entire pos. terminal broke off the side of the battery. This happened Friday, and I have already bought a new battery. I was talking to one of my instructors at school and he mentioned that on his Suburban, the chevy dealership paid to have his truck towed to the dealership, replaced the batt., changed cables, and cleaned the frame where it had started to corrode. Has this ever happened to anybody else?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
00Silverado said:
I've heard its a common problem with Delco batteries. When mine goes its Optima time:head:

:word: It is, mine did it too, and so has the one in our suburban. I replaced mine w/ a red top.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did yall try to go up to the dealership top get it fixed? or just not even bother with em?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much can I get a Red Top for Jeff?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I bought a procomp yellow to replace mine. The procomp ones are an improved design on the optimas. The patent recently ran out on their technology and the procomp ones take it a step further. So far its been great - would highly recomend the procomps or optimas.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Badassilverado said:
I bought mine at Autozone for $132 and that was the one with 4 posts, two auxillary ones up top. :head:

Josh told me to buy one from O'reilly's ...I went there and not only did they "only" sell Red's (not yellow, etc) they told me I'd have to come back and order it on a weekday, it would take a week, and cost $150, HEH!
damn i got my yellow top for like 120...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts