GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I polished the water spots off my windows and the slide marks from the worn out seals/felt/belt weather strip/felt or whatever you call them. I'm gonna change them out. I keep running across the name Fairchild Ind. when I searched online for them. I can get them for $81 shipped or should I get the OEM ? $128 shipped. I figure you cant go wrong with OEM but don't know much about the aftermarket ones. Might be the same quality. Anyone have any experience with them ? 05 crew.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I just replaced mine with oem units....snapped right in. Nothing like oem fit n finish, imo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just replaced mine with oem units....snapped right in. Nothing like oem fit n finish, imo.
That's the way I was leaning. Cant go wrong with OEM. Did you have to pull the door panels off ? I found them for $127 shipped at gmpartsdirect.com. Dealer wanted $208 and had to order them. Is this a good place to buy from ?

Thanks,
Gene

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I did front passenger, had to take inner door panel and mirror off....but if youre doing rears, will probably just need the door panel removed. Just pull up on them from a corner. I think I pulled up from the front, under the mirror.

I bought mine on amazon and was like $40 shipped for 1. I think gmpartsdirect has stupid high shipping costs and will bring cost back up again...but if that's the shipped price, go for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did front passenger, had to take inner door panel and mirror off....but if youre doing rears, will probably just need the door panel removed. Just pull up on them from a corner. I think I pulled up from the front, under the mirror.

I bought mine on amazon and was like $40 shipped for 1. I think gmpartsdirect has stupid high shipping costs and will bring cost back up again...but if that's the shipped price, go for it.
Thank you. There shipping is high but it was still the cheapest I found. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts