GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body have any good pics of different sidewall sizes, i've seen a 275/45/20 in person, and thought it was too much sidewall, also, seen a 245/40, and thought it wasnt enough. just trying to get an idea on what i want. thanks

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
what kindof suspension are you gonna run? I'm running 245/40 and thats a pretty big tire. 255/35 is alot smaller... I guess if your gonna run a static drop. I've have both 275/45 and now i have 245/40 and 295/40 and it rides alot better with the 245/40.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
billet rims? If your back spacing isn't right, you're gonna have to run a 255/35:read: And your definitely gonna have to trim some stuff.

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whoa, was thinking centerline wheels, 8.5" if i remember right, been a while since i looked, kinda been ordering stuff here and there trying to get it all, and put it on at once. I'm new to the lowered truck world, so what is obs/nbs??
oh, btw it's an 02 silverado ext. cab

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
NBS = new body style. I think being that low on centerlines, which tuck, you can run a 245/40. I wouldn't run anything bigger b/c it will prbly rub

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
295/40/20 rear
245/40/20 front ..

Sig VVVV

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Badassilverado said:
Chrome or Billet? I can tell you from experience most Centerline wheels don't tuck. Even most of their billet wheels don't. You're going to need to do some trimming :suicide:
Thier wheels are cast one piece wheels, that's why there are issues on tucking. Unless I'm mistaken. If you need wheels with a specific back space a 2-piece billet is the way to go.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Badassilverado said:
I believe so. My old wheels (20x8 Centerlines/chrome) weren't even available in anything but 20x8 w/ 5" of bs. Possible to fit but only with rubberbands and trimming, etc.
nah...245/40/20 will work just fine with 20x8 with 5" of backspacing and no trimming. When i went to 4/8 i had to roll one of the back fenders though. I've run it on a DJM 4/6, 4/8, and now bagged/8 (bagged all around in a week or two) 245/40 has a nice road feel and isn't too bad. I will try to get a "side shot" of the wheel, i only have this one right now that i took last night because i was bored :head:

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Badass Steve, You're Tuckin Lugz :head:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Austin, only from the right camera angles...but i can dream :crazy:

glassman, I found an older pic of my truck when i first got my wheels/tires.

The drop was from 4" DJM lower control arms, so this is pretty much what you can expect on yours. Never had a rubbing issue up front, i rubbed more with stock tires than these!

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
255/45/20 Toyo...

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the info guys, i mainly was concerned about fit, and keeping the wheel from getting bent, but it would seem that i'm most likely gonna have to run 40 series. I b dodging potholes then.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
not really... 245/40 is a pretty big tire. I hit bumps in the road all the time in my truck and my rims are fine, you just gotta pay attention.. unless your roads out there are full of horrible pot holes, which would suck... Bryan from intro ran 245/40 for a long time in HB and the roads out there are far from being good

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
A lot of the Centerline truck wheels like Y2k's are one piece billet wheels. The reason why they only come in one offset is because the blanks are premade with a certain backspace and they just cut the designs, but the backspace stays the same on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts