GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a new to me 2011 truck that was clean as a whistle with 130k all highway miles. Recently after buying the truck started tapping/knocking under a load. Started running 93 octane and it shut up. Started running 87 in it again about 3000 miles later and the noise was even louder, think valves tapping noise, and the noise would fluctuate evenly with the rpms. Soon after it started smoking and burning oil. Blue smoke at start when cold, and then a TON of white smoke until warm then just intermittent white smoke after it was warm. Burned lots of oil, 3 and a half quarts low within just a couple hundred miles. Was driving and oil pressure dropped to 20 and truck shut off so I filled it up put it on a trailer and drove it home. Now it takes a long time to start and runs rough for the first 30 seconds after cranked and rough when in drive while stopped. Took it to autozone and it was throwing a Random multiple misfire but did not specify cylinder number, MAF, and Camshaft position sensor. Tired of messing with it so I'm taking it to someone tomorrow. Any thing I need to be looking out for? Don't think I will need a new motor or a complete rebuild but I would like to know what I'm headed for before taking it to someone. I really don't want to get screwed with a mechanic saying something is wrong that isn't and charging me a lot more. Also if it's something simple as a gasket, valve job or rings or a sensor I can change it. So any thoughts/help from you guys would be much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts