GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
Joined
·
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just took delivery of an '04 sierra SLE 4x4 with the "custom cloth" seats. i ass-u-med they came with lumbar support, as every GMC i've ever driven has the familiar knob on the side of the seat. however, they have no lumbar support. these seats are terrible. they're too soft and unsupportive and my lower back hurts badly after a 120 mile trip. i was used to the soft seat in my tundra, but these things are a joke. where can i get better ones?
 

·
GMFS founding member
Joined
·
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dark Eternal said:
you got pics of em?
no but i can shoot some... you don't want to trade, do ya? nice silverado BTW. i tried to do that with my tundra and it didn't work out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
I have leather seats in my truck that are fully powered, I think like 8 way. I have power lumbar and side back support.
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
I doubt ill want to trade but gets pics and ill see! What do you mean by "it didnt work out" or do I want to know?
 

·
eplingphoto.com
Joined
·
550 Posts
welcome to the great seat world of GM.. none of their seats are comfortable I have power in the silv and they still suck.. and the trailblazer seats are the worst things I've ever sat on, you can't drive 30 minutes without your back hurting.
 

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Joined
·
3,599 Posts
99redsilv said:
welcome to the great seat world of GM.. none of their seats are comfortable I have power in the silv and they still suck.. and the trailblazer seats are the worst things I've ever sat on, you can't drive 30 minutes without your back hurting.
??? I always thought the GM seats were the most comfortable ???
does anyone else think they're comfortable?
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
I dont like the trailblazer seats, no place to put my elbows. I LOVE mine though. I prefer them over my dads lexus or girlfriends moms bmw.
 

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Joined
·
3,599 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I dont like the trailblazer seats, no place to put my elbows. I LOVE mine though. I prefer them over my dads lexus or girlfriends moms bmw.
WORD :)
 

·
GMFS founding member
Joined
·
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
99redsilv said:
welcome to the great seat world of GM.. none of their seats are comfortable I have power in the silv and they still suck.. and the trailblazer seats are the worst things I've ever sat on, you can't drive 30 minutes without your back hurting.
seems like with GM it's either the seat back or the butt cushion that sucks, but not both. the butt cushion on our '03 envoy feels like a wooden school desk. i know you fellow college students know what i'm talking about. however the envoy has nice lumbar support and is good on my back. it's the complete opposite on the sierra... the butt cushion is comfy but the seatback is torture. my lower back seriously hurts after driving this thing.

Dark Eternal said:
What do you mean by "it didnt work out" or do I want to know?
tundras don't like to be lifted. mine never aligned properly and ate a few CV axles and a dozen or so CV boots even with a 2.5" lift. the sierra is staying stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,816 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I dont like the trailblazer seats, no place to put my elbows. I LOVE mine though. I prefer them over my dads lexus or girlfriends moms bmw.

:word: I like the 10 year old seats in my blazer better than the seats in my mom's 99' ES300. That thing is just too small...especially on 18 hour trips..
 

·
Keepin' it real...
Joined
·
2,284 Posts
I like my seats just fine. Chevy/GMC seats are 100x better than Ford seats. My mom had a '96 Mustang, my dad has had 2 Expeditions ('97 and '00) and my little bro had a F150. The seats were horrible in all of them. My mom now has an '00 Mercedes E320, and I hate those seats too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
All I know that is that I don't have any complaints about my sierra. Keep in mind that I've driven it all the way to Mexico. I guess some people have different needs to be comfortable than others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Grant said:
I like my seats just fine. Chevy/GMC seats are 100x better than Ford seats. My mom had a '96 Mustang, my dad has had 2 Expeditions ('97 and '00) and my little bro had a F150. The seats were horrible in all of them. My mom now has an '00 Mercedes E320, and I hate those seats too.
My truck orginally had the base seats in it and I thought they were nice for being the base seats. I upgraded, needed a center console, ended up using avalanche seats. Ford seats SUCK! Acutally, the whole interior sucks, well, i guess the whole thing sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
I have the "base" seats in my 03' Silverado and I love them. I've never been a fan of the Chevy "ls" cloth seats. Also 10 years down the road they shouldn't be worn out like alot of the cloth seats end up doing. My seats don't hurt my back or a$$ after driving about 100 miles. I was told that they added more padding to the base (maybe the ls seats also) seats in 2003.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
How come your seats dont have lumber? you have any pics? Cause I am pretty sure that the all the LS and higher models have lumber so do you have "base" model seats?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
02Silverado said:
How come your seats dont have lumber? you have any pics? Cause I am pretty sure that the all the LS and higher models have lumber so do you have "base" model seats?
My dad's sierra has better seats than base (has the console, and different material), but no lumbar support.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top