GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the truck out of the paint shop. Next step is a 4/6 drop and 22's. Anyone have any ideas of what wheels i should go with? Getting ready to install audio this weekend. Also thinking about repainting the grille insert black, too much white on the front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any members in florida know of any good wheel shops with good prices? Really want wheels to paint white to match the truck but chrome is cool too.

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
sir you need to slow down, stop and gather your brain..white wheels wtf?

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,700 Posts
Align the hood and remove the stick on chrome.

Could look nice with some decent wheels.

·
Registered
9,787 Posts
this thread is ridiculous, white wheels, sierra that thinks its an HD, little pics....:snoopfacepalm:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips Graystone. The chrome was on the truck when i bought it, i will take one off to see how bad the handle is behind it and how it cleans up. Hey ALLTERRAIN cut me some slack man i'm still new to the site, how can i make the pics larger? And i fitted up a set of chrome KMC's from a buddy of mine and i have made up my mind and the chrome looks nice on it, once i drop it it should be really nice

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Good start.

*Align the hood like mentioned
*Get a white bow tie to go in the grille.
*Instead of blacking out the mesh of the grill, try a less contrasting color like a dark matte gray or also a billet overlay.
*Get clear headlights that match the turn signals or get turn signals that have the small orange reflector. Will add a bit of contrast to the front.
*Look for the billet side steps for the bed
*Escalade handles and shaved tailgate
*Billet antenna or Escalade antenna cover
*Simple 22" Chrome wheel. Look into 6 spoke designs.
*Candy the orange part of the rear taillight housings

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks ib2hi, i like the idea of the escalade handles and billet side steps and antenna. Never thought about the matte grey for the grille. This is the first ride that i am doing all by myself so i may need to practice on some scrap sheet metal before i try to shave the tailgate handle and i will check stylintrucks.com for the turn signals with the reflector. It takes a while for parts to ship here to the bahamas so it may be a while before i can post new pics. Can you explain a bit more about the candy on the tail light? First time using a spray gun too.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Word of advice: Just before you commit to a mod or paint idea, wait it out a few days and really decide if its a mod you want to do. Look at pictures of trucks you like and follow the style while making it your own.I did a few mods over and over until I got it right and I could've saved money if I just would have looked at others examples before spending money. Also, take your time...

The candy paint can be purchased from a hobby store. Look up "Testors Candy apple red" spray paint. You will need that and a couple cans of clear coat. Do a google search for "candy tail lights" to find few how to's on how to do it.

There are thousands of different ways to do a NBS truck and I always felt that less was more.

Here's my old nbs with the HD front end.
CanonRebel528.jpg

Djcustomswork.jpg

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
hey ib2hi... where is that truck now? i always loved it. wonder if it still looks at badass?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks ib2hi, i searched the candy tail lights and its real nice. I will prob start with that and the escalade handles. Your old truck is sick, still looking for HD trucks on the site but so far have not found many. Thanks for your help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts