GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think the Outer Edge of the Glass(Black Molding) is like 1/2" Thick compared to the regular one...

I dont know if you can see it here though but the Outer Edge on the Glass is thick compared to the next pic...

This is non Dimming...Doesn't have a thick edge...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Maybe thats why my driver side mirror never dims even though it shows dimming driver side mirror? Does that apply with all years of nbs trucks, I know on the 1999 2000 obs the mirrors looked like normal ones from the outside.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Maybe thats why my driver side mirror never dims even though it shows dimming driver side mirror? Does that apply with all years of nbs trucks, I know on the 1999 2000 obs the mirrors looked like normal ones from the outside.
mine do that too! anyone else? its soo damn irritating

·
Registered
544 Posts
I wonder if it's a case of the factory forgot, since both of my mirrors are the original ones on the car, yet the rpo listing shows that it is a feature on the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Yea, Our Denali has the thick Glass Outer edge and shows the RPO for it too and I've never seen it dim... Maybe you have to have the glass heater for it to work... When the Heater is on, the glass turns green on ours...

·
Registered
544 Posts
it should work when ever your rear view mirror dims, sell atleast that's what the obs were wired to do, but it sounds like something happened with yours too, since they should operate independantly if each other.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hmm... So the Dimming feature has to be turned on with the Mirror inside? Maybe thats whats wrong... Never noticed if the interior one dimmed or not... Only reason I noticed the outer one doesn't is because I thought the Thick outer glass looked thicker than normal so I researched at it was a Dimming glass...

·
2005 Crew
70 Posts
I don't know for sure but a heavy tint on the rear window may have an effect on the interior rear view mirror not dimming; so the exterior mirrors wont either. just a guess.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have 5% on the rear glass of my Yukon xl and the rear view mirror still dims, so I don't think it would be a problem especially on a truck since the distance isn't somewhere around 14' from the back window to the rear view mirror which the light has to travel.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
my bro just picked up a quadrasteer 1500HD and we verified that the dimming feature worked by shining an LED flashlight on it during the daytime. worked like a charm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts