GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard alot about them, but i've only seen one truck with them on it. I kindof wanna put them on so it doesn't make so much noise when i drop my truck(read cops). Do they slow ur system down that much? How hard are they to install them? anyone know where to buy em?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a set of the ones that look like fuel filters on my truck for about 15 min. It was amazing how quiet it mad it, but it also slowed it down a lot.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
is there anything out there that will slow down the valves, but not silence them? i like how loud my valves are, I just want my truck to drop slower.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
I seen some adjustable mufflers the other day on airgasmkustoms I think it was..

I couldn't imagine not being able to hear a loud dump valve thats one of my favorite points about bags and scareing little kids on the corner lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
chevyman992002 said:
is there anything out there that will slow down the valves, but not silence them? i like how loud my valves are, I just want my truck to drop slower.
the best way would be to add a ball valve after the exhaust valve. This way you can slightly close the valve until you get the speed drop you want. Then it is also very easy to adjust. This will quiet it down a little bit because you are restricting the air, but not too much.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
shyster7 said:
the best way would be to add a ball valve after the exhaust valve. This way you can slightly close the valve until you get the speed drop you want. Then it is also very easy to adjust. This will quiet it down a little bit because you are restricting the air, but not too much.
:word: I have ball valves on my truck after the dumps. They work really well and are easy to adjust. I got them from http://www.innovativeairsuspension.com, larry hooked it up. He has those ball valves or adjustable mufflers too. Check out his online store.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts