GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a couple friends and myself went on a little riding trip to Sliver Lake this weekend.

The rig and toys.

All lined at the top of the dune.

Our little peace of hevan while we relaxed

We were the first people in the lot on Thursday morning.

My friend Chris' Raptor 06 700

My 05 450R

My friend Jimmy's 04 LTZ400

My brother-in-law's 06 Wolverine

Some people pay a lot of money to lay frame.

My clutch was slipping a little.

Relaxing and people watching on the hill.

The sand was really choppy.

We waited for 10 min for this guy to fall into the big hole that is out there but he missed it everytime.

The lot was not that full on friday

Friday was not as busy as I thought it was going to be.

A Jeep with 46" tires. No suspension movement on this rig. I wonder what goes through peoples mind when they build things.

These trucks were racing all day till the white Cummins powered Chevy lost froward gears.

Second ride in MI

There was my fun.
Damage report:
1 Lost bolt out of my pipe
3 Leaking tires
1 Sprained pinky finger from pool rowdiness

Otherwise great fun.

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
Looks like a blast. I so want to go to the dunes sometime.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a great time. The dunes were not steep and were really choppy from the traffic. I love the sand I wish i lived closer. I am planning on taking the truck this year yet.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
have been trying to get over there for years, fuck the ferry fees though....

·
Da turdy point buck
101 Posts
Looks like a fun time

have been trying to get over there for years, fuck the ferry fees though....
I'm from the Madison area and was down there a little over a week before this guys meet, with the Zr2 crew. The drive only took around 5 hours with 2 pit stops and the cost was like $60 bucks of gas round trip. (think It's like 170bucks at least round trip on the ferry with 1 person and 1 truck)

Silver lake is awesome, and well worth the time and gas.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
I'm from the Madison area and was down there a little over a week before this guys meet, with the Zr2 crew. The drive only took around 5 hours with 2 pit stops and the cost was like $60 bucks of gas round trip. (think It's like 170bucks at least round trip on the ferry with 1 person and 1 truck)

Silver lake is awesome, and well worth the time and gas.
i'm 5 hrs from madison and i ain't driving all the way down and around. wanna take the ferry, but when we were gonna go, i called ahead, thank god i did....i had my truck, extended cab silverado and 28 foot trailer....they wanted like 500 bucks one way!! i wonder if going thru the UP is faster :hmm:

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Nice :head:

i'm 5 hrs from madison and i ain't driving all the way down and around. wanna take the ferry, but when we were gonna go, i called ahead, thank god i did....i had my truck, extended cab silverado and 28 foot trailer....they wanted like 500 bucks one way!! i wonder if going thru the UP is faster :hmm:
Its a good 7 hours from the bridge to Silver Lake. I doubt its faster to go that way.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea the ferry sucks. It is around 500 round trip for 1 person and truck roundway. Alot cheaper to drive. The worst part is the construction around Chicago

1 - 11 of 11 Posts