GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running the Silverstar's low beam in my truck for about a year now with no problems. The other day the drivers side blew out. So I run out a buy another one,and install it. The next day now the passenger side blows out. Is this the norm or what? :think: :think:

·
OG
1,498 Posts
I've been running Nokya 7000K halogen bulbs for over 2 years and never had a problem with them.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Mine have lasted over a year on my past truck and they haven't burnt out on my current truck yet. I don't really drive a whole lot at night though. I've heard if you touch the bulbs with your hands/fingers the oil can decrease the life of the bulb. Dunno if it's true.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i just got the silverstar ultras.. the ones that are 25% brighter then just the regular silverstars.. i'll tell you i'll never buy these bulbs again.... 50 bucks and looks slightly better than stock.. still sucks though.

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Mine have lasted over a year on my past truck and they haven't burnt out on my current truck yet. I don't really drive a whole lot at night though. I've heard if you touch the bulbs with your hands/fingers the oil can decrease the life of the bulb. Dunno if it's true.
That's definitely true. The oils will decrease the life of the bulb dramatically. I always use golves whenever I handle incandescent bulbs.... it's a must :imo

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
That's definitely true. The oils will decrease the life of the bulb dramatically. I always use golves whenever I handle incandescent bulbs.... it's a must :imo
Maybe that's why mine are lasting. I'm really careful about only setting them on sterile surfaces and only handling them by the plastic piece.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
I've been running the Silverstar's low beam in my truck for about a year now with no problems. The other day the drivers side blew out. So I run out a buy another one,and install it. The next day now the passenger side blows out. Is this the norm or what? :think: :think:
Exact thing just happend to me last week. Passenger side goes out and I pickup a new bulb 2 days later. On the way home my drivers side goes out so no headlights. Luckily I was close to home cause it was dark and I drove the rest of the way on fogs.

On top of that, last night my wife pulls up in the Yukon and I notice a headlight (Silverstars) out on the drivers side. I put a new bulb in today and can't wait to see if the passenger side goes out. :flame:

If I can decide on 6000k or 8000k I think I'll be hittin' Mark up for some HID's!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Exact reason why I went HID. I got tired of that shit happening all the time. I think I went through three sets of bulbs in a year.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any of you guys use Hella light bulbs? I've got a line on the stock wattage "55" for the low beams or would "80" watt be ok for the street? Are these bulbs worth getting?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts