GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys...I need your opinions on what style of exhaust I should run on my truck. I'm debating on either running Performance Single or to go with Duals. My one buddy told me that the single would be pretty sweet because I would get the same gains as the duals, sound very similar, and still look stock...which is true. But then I see all these trucks like ours runnin' around with the duals that sound bad ass and look sweet.:think: I just can't make up my mind If I wanna be different and go with the single, or run duals. What do you guys think?

Oh...heres the kits that I'm deciding between

Magnaflow "Single" system (#15168) $399.99
5x11x22" Muffler, 3" Tubing, Side Exit, 4" Tip

Magnaflow "Dual" System (#15754) $429.99
5x8x18" Muffler, 2.5" Tubing, Rear Exit, 3.5" Tips

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Im runnin a custom dual setup i fabbed up with the help of a muffler shop guy whos been doin this shit for years. Im running duals, 2.5" all the way back with flowmaster Original 40 series right after the bed/cab gap and turndowns before the bumper. Sounds sweet and looks alot better than a tip that looks out of place :imo

Go with the duals...they'll sound better and give u a little more flow for performance mods down the road :rocking:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Those both sound very nice but expensive. I would personally have a shop build me a custom exhaust (single or duals) and just purchase the mufflers to save money. But if I had to chose from those 2 options, I would go with duals. :D

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well it's your choice, $400 for a catback is too much for me honestly.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
pewter00 said:
i got single in dual out flow 40 series.. i like it :imo

Yup, 3" all the way from the Y-pipe, welded 40 series and turndowns before the axle.... 60 bux parts/labor out the door. :anitoof:

·
Registered
378 Posts
well unless it is modded i wouldnt go true duals without an x pipe. you will lose some power. these trucks seem to run better with a little backpressure.

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya know...for some stupid reason it never crossed my mind to just have it custom fabbed for me at the local shop. So thats probably what im going to do.

Now, what the hell size is our stock inlet? 2.5 or 3"? I think its 3" but I couldn't figure it out for sure cuz I dont have a tape to do the "pi" theory. And where is the best place that I can get it online for a good price? All I could really find were "full systems"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Z71 EDGE

Be careful getting a custom install here in OHIO we are in the rust belt you know. The best stuff you'll get is aluminumnized steel, I had to get a tailpipe made every other year on a set I had a few years ago.

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2004 Sierra Z71 said:
Z71 EDGE

Be careful getting a custom install here in OHIO we are in the rust belt you know. The best stuff you'll get is aluminumnized steel, I had to get a tailpipe made every other year on a set I had a few years ago.
Thats what I was originally affraid of and why I considered getting the Stainless Kit for $420 (are the tailpipes stainless though? or just the muffler and tips)...but I did find a local shop that has 3" alluminized tubing for the tailpipes. I dunno. It's driving me nuts though because I've got the money and want an exhaust soon! Just don't wanna screw up and waste my money...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just ordered a Corsa catback system from TByrne Motorsports, Group purchase, I plan on keeping my truck for awhile so I splurged for the better stuff.
I had the custom duals on a f150, it was cheap at the time I think around $200. but after 2 yrs both tailpipes rotted off at the muffler, then a little over a yr the pipe rotted off before the muffler, then the next winter the tips rotted away. can't remember how much I had in it after all that but I'm not going though it this time.

·
Chevy Owner
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2004 Sierra Z71 said:
I just ordered a Corsa catback system from TByrne Motorsports, Group purchase, I plan on keeping my truck for awhile so I splurged for the better stuff.
I had the custom duals on a f150, it was cheap at the time I think around $200. but after 2 yrs both tailpipes rotted off at the muffler, then a little over a yr the pipe rotted off before the muffler, then the next winter the tips rotted away. can't remember how much I had in it after all that but I'm not going though it this time.
Well...from what I hear, the Magnaflow Systems are awsome for the money. Long Lasting/Great Sound/Great Performance at a good price. I thought about running either a Borla or one of the Corsa systems, actually still considering them...just the $700-$800 seems so damn much for what your getting. Does anybody on here run a Corsa or Borla system? If so, how do you like it?

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I just got a Magnaflow installed at a shop. It was north-side shop so it was a more expensive but I can go back anytime and get whatever fixed. I plan on redoing it with true duals when I get my bags done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts