GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was waxing our tractors the other day, this is the oldest tractor on the farm and sat outside a bit before we acquired it. Everything else is shedded and stays waxed regularly so paint never had to be polished to start with.

Anyway, using Adams Revive polish with hex hand pad it did a fair amount of work. I was happy and wiped it off, shook the buttery wax (LOVE this stuff), and applied to yellow hex pad and waxed a small section.

You can see in the pictures where the paint has streaks to it, this is where the wax was applied in a small test strip, i've tried a few whole panels and the paint goes back to a more dull/faded green appearance, whats going on here?? Never had this issue before and it's getting irritating.

I've also tried small spots of Adams detail spray with the same dulling result if it helps Dylan or others for a solution.

Dave

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Hmmmm...

Perhaps there is still some oxidation there that the revive didn't get and its holding onto the wax? Do you have anything more aggressive than the blue pad/revive combo?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have tried the swirl/haze remover with orange pads, same results. Everything looks awesome on this tractor until i get to wax, once wax is applied it fades to that streak color. I tried Detail spray to make sure there wasnt any remaining residue from polishes before waxing.

I'm open to any ideas Dylan, i think once i can get it to accept the wax properly it'll hopefully hold up better than the on-shelf wax its seen before where it faded back over a short 4-6week season. However, if there is a longer-lasting alternative (spray sealant :D ??) i'd be willing to try that, anything to keep the shine on it for the 2months or so each season its always outside in the elements then i can wash and repeat detailing steps no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts