GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be ordering my rollpan, and wondering which I should go with .. the Custom Classic is cheaper by about $70, but the Sir Michaels comes with the light were Custom Classic charges you $8.

I have only had experience with the Sir Michaels .. I know they come far from finished, have to do a lot of body work to fill in the area where it is welded, etc ... how does it compare to the Custom Classic?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I like my Custom Classics Pan. The Sir Mikes are nice too though, its all in which plate box you like better since both are quality.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
To answer your question about the CC, mine came ready to paint pretty much :D No bodywork was needed

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Y2KSierra said:
To answer your question about the CC, mine came ready to paint pretty much :D No bodywork was needed
Did you pay the $8 for the light, and if you did did they install it or did you have to cut out the pan for it?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
bcubed said:
Did you pay the $8 for the light, and if you did did they install it or did you have to cut out the pan for it?
Its already cut out. But i never got a light...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
elegalR1der said:
IMO the Sir mikes looks better....
I like it too, but I ordered the Custom Classic, and with the $70 I saved I went ahead and ordered my Escalade door handles :rocking:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Sevenfold said:
It's all about personal preference. I like SM better... the license plate area looks cleaner in my opinion.
I agree, it's all about personal preference.. but Custom's Classics is better! :ninja:

:LOL: na.. I actually THOUGHT I was ordering a Sir Michales (atleast that's what I was told) but come to find out I got a Customs Classic one and I like it better! :anitoof: I like the CC shaping around the liscense plate..

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
03rado said:
I just ordered a CC pan and light should be here in about a week or so
Awesome, I ordered that and the flip down plate too, I'll do a hidden hitch later as I very rarely pull anything.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
My Sir Mikes pan is currently being done. :head:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IntroWheels said:
My Sir Mikes pan is currently being done. :head:
There's no denying that they are good, but they don't come out of the box ready to paint and bolt on. If you are molding it in, this really isn't an issue anyways. If money is an issue, the CC pan is definately the way to go.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Exactly, I am shaving mine in, so it works nicely.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IntroWheels said:
They still building your wheels? I remember when you posted the center section pictures.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IntroWheels said:
They still building your wheels? I remember when you posted the center section pictures.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Ya, its been a bitch trying to get the hoops in. I always take care of other peoples orders first so I keep letting them go instead of building my wheels.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i just got my sir mikes pan the other day and it's a perfect stamp, if i wasnt gonna mold it in it would be ready to paint and bolt on out of the box. I didnt get the lisence plate box in it cause i have other plans for that so im not sure how well of a job sir michaels does with that but otherwise im more than happy with it. There tailight fillers on the the other hand are a lil shaky. gona take some trimmin and some hammerin but they will do

·
Picture Me Rollin'
287 Posts
LowBlue02 said:
Sir Mikes are the best, and how could you not weld your pan in? :nono: :bowtie:
I 2nd that, when it comes to rollpans, the only one I would ever go with is Sir Mikes. Remember you pay for what you get. I have had mine welded in for over a year and am completely happy.
Evan

1 - 20 of 45 Posts