GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bigger, Longer, and UnCut
987 Posts
If all you want is 3 inches just get a Body Lift for $300 or so and save all that doh for tires or other mods.

If you just want to fit 33s you could get ford keys and bigger blocks for the back, which would be about $100 to $150 total.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
If all you want is 3 inches just get a Body Lift for $300 or so and save all that doh for tires or other mods.

If you just want to fit 33s you could get ford keys and bigger blocks for the back, which would be about $100 to $150 total.

I agree, and when you get the itch to go bigger(believe me you will) you will already have the body lift and when you add the suspension lift later on its time for 37's :head:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good info, thanks guys...I was thinking that since I use the truck to tow a lot (about 4k lb trailer) a body lift might not be the best bet...is towing that much with a BL still ok?

·
bitter southern gun owner
1,142 Posts
my friend had a 2500hd 6.0 gas :supergay: and he hauled goosenecks and he wanted 35's but no suspension just body but a few guys said not to do it and all the 4x4 shops turned him away from it

you can run 33's with no lift:read:

3 body 35's can be achieved

6 susp:37's

all on stock rims of course

but if its just a regular hitch there shouldnt be any probilems with hauling it

·
Bigger, Longer, and UnCut
987 Posts
:word: No problems hauling a trailer with a body lift unless its a Gooseneck, the hitch doesnt get moved. I haul stuff pretty often never had any problems.

·
Registered
195 Posts
just crank and get some blocks if you want to run 33s. if you have an hd, you can run it cranked with some 35s on a wheel with about 5.5in backspace. i did on my 2005 2500hd for about 6 months. just had to trim a bit of the inner fender and no problems. then i stumbled across a lift. dont waste your money on the lift if your just going to run 33s

also with a body lift, not saying this applies to all body lifts, but a friend of mine had a 3 inch that towed regularly hated it. thing creakd and gaps were always changing and the thing looked horrible after while. we tried everything to fix it but we ended up just removing it. just our experience with a bl and towing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts