GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a skyjacker lift on my 01 2500 hd IT SUCKS after alot of aggravation i figured out that they designed the lift soley for the 8.1 liter and allison trans, the amount of modifications that i had to do to get the damn thing in there is horrible, and the biggest problem that i have is that i have a clearance problem with my front driveshaft and shifter on my tranny. I actually had to bend the shifter a little just so that it would work. But when the truck flexes the shaft rubs on the shifter. Another problem that i have is i have to use a 04 year oil filter because the front diff rubs the original style oil filter and ACTUALLY PUT A HOLE IN IT. The angle on my CV shafts is really out I cant imagine the CV shafts lasting more then 2 years. I have the leveling lift in there as well, although its cranked WAY down, for a better ride.
I called skyjacker and they dont care. TO ME THE TRUCK IS USELESS.
MY skyjacker hydros just blew out in under a year. The possiblity that by having the pork chops in there might have something to do with it. So i am not really sure that a 6 in extended shock will be ok
HELP PLEASE
I was looking at the ranch 9000 but they dont have shocks long enough. Also i really dont feel its necessary to have more then one shock. I really would like to stop the rebounding problem that i have, so an adjustable shock would probebly work

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
well im sorry to hear about the lift, are you sure you got the right kit?

As far as shocks, look into procomp es3000s if you wants a cheap but decent shock and teh bilstein 5100s if you want a bit more expensive but very very nice shock. Make sure to get a long enough one, the keys are probably why you blew them out, you over extended them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah sky CRAPPER told me its the same kit YEAH RIGHT!!!!! Not to sure what to do. Any way, what about those new bilstein shocks that have a resevior on it there new. I can get ones with 6.5 in. As far as trucks go i really wish i went with a solid, my friend has an axle laying in is back yard

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Hehe, from how I like to wheel I'm almost thinking of putting an aam 1050 up front of my 3/4 ton and grafting the 9.25 and suspension onto my halfton.. Still not sure if thats the route im gonna take but whatever..

I never liked anything skyjacker made except for jeeps and some of the older trucks (cant lift those wrong unless your truly foolish). If you got the bread, see if you can get something a bit higher quality if not an sfa and pawn the superlift.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sorry to hear this.

The SkyJacker kit is just like all the other Spindle lifts. 4-4.5" diff drop. 6" suspension drop. You can't win.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
yes but isn't skyjacker the easiest lift to take off and return back to stock?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Kyle said:
yes but isn't skyjacker the easiest lift to take off and return back to stock?

I am pretty sure you are correct. Instead of cutting the upper diff mount, frame or diff fins, Sky Jacker requires the center steering link to be cut. Which would allow the vehicle to be returned to stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts