GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys anybody got pics of a helper bag install on their truck,its my first time doing this and dont want to screw up :crazy:any pointers would be good thanks fellas 2001 silverado ext cab 3/4 drop :wave:

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
pretty hard to screw this up. Had the kit on my 06. Slam Air #59103

·
TooL
296 Posts
i have the Airlift 59209 for my 2000... i grasp the concept and have the necessary tools.. but unsure best place to mount the bag with my DJM notch. Im not finding any pics online. .. instructions saying to mount in front side of axle... so wondering if i drill into the notch or do i mount towards the rear?

·
Registered
801 Posts
when i was 4/6 i had the slam air bags with my djm notch

heres the pic

i drilled holes in the top airbag mount to allow it to bolt to the djm notch then i just used washers on the other side to offset the thickness of the metal.

·
TooL
296 Posts
alright cool... thanks,,, and thats mounted towards the front of the axle? Kinda looks the rear but i maybe wrong...

Instructions state towards the front.. but towards rear looks easier to do.

By any chance do you have a picture without the wheel on?

Where about in IL are you?

·
Registered
186 Posts
it pretty much looks like what ketis posted, its a really straight forward install, the instructions are very detailed and they give you a plastic piece to mock the bag so you cant screw it up, but if you really need it ill go out and take pics, just let me know what angle you want and ill try to get it for you!

·
TooL
296 Posts
I would totally appreciate It! I just need a pic of when You remove the rim, and the lugs face you. As for instructions, they re telling me to install on front side of axle, even called customer support..said same..but looks like belongs on rear side like both of you stated.

Ill take pics and make a thread as I go along on my o install for others .

·
TooL
296 Posts
I appreciate it,,but I actually needed a pic with the DJM notch and flip kit. I thank you for your time to get me the picture!

But you mounted both on the front of the axle?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.