GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I gave a call to my Dad last week stating my pradicament. He came down here this weekend and brought me some metal. It might not be the most optimal material to build sliders out of, but I cant complain: its free.

Here is what I got:
Exibit A 3: 2"x2"x6' square tube with 3/8" wall thickness
Exibit B 2: 3"x4"x4' angle iron with 3/8" wall
Exibit C 1: 3"x4"x5' angle iron with 3/8" wall
Exibit D 1: HUGE 3"x12"x3' channel iron with 1/4" wall
Exibit E 6: angle brackets
1: 1 1/2" dia.x 7" solid round stock
Pictures:
Didgital20151.jpg

Square tube
Didgital2016.jpg

Andgle iron
Didgital2017.jpg

Channel iron
Didgital2018.jpg

Brackets
Didgital2019.jpg

Dollar effect
Didgital2020.jpg

Fit-ment of round-inside-square tube
Didgital2025.jpg

Round stock
Didgital2026.jpg

Im gonna start fabbing them up tomorrow afternoon after class. I still have to get some round tube for some catchers sometime later this week. Probably Friday, after I get payed.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sliders with steps hangin off? Wouldn't that be an umm catcher?
Well, the steps wont be made of heavy ole stuff. Im just gettin some gas meter tube and go with it. I didnt want to call em catchers, but I guess you could call them that if you want.:crazy:

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoops.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Damn, that tubing is ridiculously thick. You'll never dent it, but you may bend it. Id try and get a hold of some more tubing for the runners, but that angle cut down with exhibit E as mounting plates may work.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Im in the process of trying to find some adiquite (sp?) tubing for runners.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
That exibit E is one of our stock clips for metal buildings. Its called a p8 clip, used for tying in wall girts to wall columns. Nice thick shit daniel, I can get stuff like that too....... cool to see you doing good to the truck.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I dont know where daddy got the metal from, I remember him having some of that square tube and angle iron at the house behind the barn but dont know where he had the HUGE channel iron or clips. Mabey he got those when they sold the construction business. Shoot, I dont know. All I know is that today I plan on making one of those square pieces disappear and have two of them increase their length by 50%. And then cap off the ends. Once I get the hardware I will figger out where I want to mount them to the frame, then Ill worry about the angle iron kickers.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright. Well here is what happened today. Nothing. All the Ag classes had their labs today so the shop was full. I might have to strike a deal with the shop instructors for them letting me use the shop. I should make 3 pieces of square tube become two tomorrow.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha, did not see that. Thats funny. Naw, I used to chew RedMan but not any more. I dont know why that was in the truck. Probably cause 65% of my school dips Cope.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
yuck, Copenhagen Snuff is where its at.
how do u like that?
cant keep it in one spot
straight anyday over cope, unless theres some secret about keepin it in i dunno about, but no one i know can keep snuff in

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how do u like that?
cant keep it in one spot
straight anyday over cope, unless theres some secret about keepin it in i dunno about, but no one i know can keep snuff in
You must have those thin little bird lips. You gotta have big power lips.
supertrooperspic.jpg

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
haha that sounded kinda :gay:
but freal, it dont even pack good...or maybe i jus got a bad can

1 - 20 of 38 Posts