GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock height 03 on 22x10 w/ 7.5" BS 285/35/22 and today i noticed when i changed my rims back to stockies there was some rub marks on that 1.5 - 2" bar that goes from the control arm to the front of the truck. what is that bar for? and when i bag my truck is this going to be more of an problem?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
tuckin22 said:
i have a stock height 03 on 22x10 w/ 7.5" BS 285/35/22 and today i noticed when i changed my rims back to stockies there was some rub marks on that 1.5 - 2" bar that goes from the control arm to the front of the truck. what is that bar for? and when i bag my truck is this going to be more of an problem?
I've seen some people say they took them off with no problems ... my 00 aint got them

·
Registered
308 Posts
that's ur front sway bar, it reduces body roll when cornering. my tires rub slightly on mine, just enought to shine it and i've had no problems.... i would keep it on there though, it'll roll pretty bad when cornering without it

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
That doesn't sound like his sway bar. The sway bar is not 1.5-2" long and it doesn't run to the front of the truck. Mine has some 2' bars, but they don't run from the control arm. They run from the frame, so I don't really know what you're talking about..

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
captainchaos said:
that's ur front sway bar, it reduces body roll when cornering. my tires rub slightly on mine, just enought to shine it and i've had no problems.... i would keep it on there though, it'll roll pretty bad when cornering without it

sway bar... yea i feel like a DA now :LOL:

its not bad its just enough to make it barely shine

thanks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
groundscraper said:
That doesn't sound like his sway bar. The sway bar is not 1.5-2" long and it doesn't run to the front of the truck. Mine has some 2' bars, but they don't run from the control arm. They run from the frame, so I don't really know what you're talking about..

no its not 2" long its about 2" round and runs from a pin in the control arm to the front of the truck somewhere

i will try to find a pic

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
tuckin22 said:
heres a pic its the black bent bar (dont pay attention to were the pic comes from:slap: )
Oh, ok .. you meant your sway bar, I was confused ... you need your sway bar, just deal with it :evil:

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
tuckin22 said:
heres a pic its the black bent bar (dont pay attention to were the pic comes from:slap: )
I was confused too. Yes, it's your sway bar. Keep it.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
22x10's up front???... damn, there is definately going to be some issues if you're planning to bag it on those wheels.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i don;t have a sway bar, its not necessary for driving, you just can't drive as fast as before

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
i don;t have a sway bar, its not necessary for driving, you just can't drive as fast as before
Sure you can, you can't take turns worth a damn though.

Sam, if you want to keep your sway bar, Bill will find away to do it. If you get rid of it, make sure the front is individual not "T" off.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i really want my truck to handle the absoulte best it can... laid out of course :evil: i really dont ever drive fast becasue i dont want to bend a rim on some damn pothole.

but i do want to take corners fast every now and then so i guess i do need to keep them if bill can which i doubt will be any kinda problem for him :read:

oh yea what about s2s with sway bars i wont be able to get very high right? or is that what your talking about getting individual and not "T" off?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
tuckin22 said:
oh yea what about s2s with sway bars i wont be able to get very high right? or is that what your talking about getting individual and not "T" off?
I think what they meant was if you don't run a sway bar, makke sure you are running a 4-way air suspension, and not a 2-way where the front 2 bags are T'd off one line, cause 2-way will roll side to side more.

I think 2k1slvrdo took his sway bar off to be able to hit better sides?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
You can still get s2s with a swaybar. Railinchevy from FSC has his still. Just be carefull I've heard of(never seen though) people breaking thier end links.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
yea mine is gone to hit better sides. I don't really notice the roll that much, but then again, i usually drive with my truck locked up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts