GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im slingin grease like crazy outa my rear end, its comin from behind where the ujoint bolts in on the axle, dunno whats wrong..any ideas?
probly crackin it open 2morrow and make sure nothins totally wrong, but i need 2 change my diff fluid anyways so its all good

am i makin things up or when ur axle is slingin grease like this doesnt it mean ur g80 has a good chance of goin out?

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and if i have a catastrophy (sp?), im probly gonna try and get a 14boltFF with 4.56s and a detroit for $500 from a dude in tuscaloosa

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Id say its as easy as replacing your pinion seal but I have a feeling thats going to be a quite the task in this situation.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Id say its as easy as replacing your pinion seal but I have a feeling thats going to be a quite the task in this situation.
what situation? me bein an idiot? freal im alot smarter in real life

but anyways, damn, i dont feel like doin that but i gotta, and i might as well change the fluid while im at it
about how long does the pinion seal take to change?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
im slingin grease like crazy outa my rear end, its comin from behind where the ujoint bolts in on the axle, dunno whats wrong..any ideas?
probly crackin it open 2morrow and make sure nothins totally wrong, but i need 2 change my diff fluid anyways so its all good

am i makin things up or when ur axle is slingin grease like this doesnt it mean ur g80 has a good chance of goin out?
im gon ax u to teall me dat in whole setneces so I kan undastand you, you here

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I never new Rear axles slung grease? I always thought they had 90 wetight gear oil in them IIRC.
Eric You make yourself seem like a goober. If you are smarter, enlighten us

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never new Rear axles slung grease? I always thought they had 90 wetight gear oil in them IIRC.
maxxis u knew what i meant

but ill try and tear it down 2morrow

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
maxxis u knew what i meant

but ill try and tear it down 2morrow
I think you need to diagnose the problem. When i changed my gears my pinion was leaking bad. It was from my carrier bearings were shot and had sent metal up to the pinion and fubarred the seal. I was about to blow the 10 bolt when i decided to regear, Im glad i did it then.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Hes probley looking up the word enlighten right at this very moment:imo

As for your stupid FF idea I'm not even going to get into everything that wont fit........... hey I have a great idea you can get a FF for the back then just toss your 10 bolt up front thats a serious solid axle swap for cheap!

If you change that pinion seal in under a day without fucking something all up I will be impressed. That will trully "enlighten" me :read:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Rich, you cant help yourself? Damn bashing hotlapper. But I totally agree that's the funny part

1 - 20 of 81 Posts