GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so the original T-case on my 99 burban grenaded, so I picked up and installed a different one, but im having one minor problem with the yoke on the front driveshaft. It won't slip in all the way, it will slide in about half ways-ish then stop.

I tried installing it back in while it was still connected to the driveshaft before I realized the U-joint was rusted so bad I only had one angle of movement, so I bought a new u-joint and decided to leave it off the d-shaft to see if it will slide in and out. But nope!

The yoke and output shaft both have the 32 spline pattern. Then I put my calipers on it and found out the outside of the yoke on the splines is bigger than the output shaft, valley to valley.

Are there different diameter yokes for the 99 burban? I've got the 4l60e with the np8 auto-4 option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, it's a 1500, and from my understanding it should have the 4l60e in it, with the 27 spline pattern, I cant remember my rear driveshaft spline count, but the front output does have 32 splines, counted and re-counted, and as far as I know its the original driveshaft. So I don't know whats going on anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts