GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not in my truck but my dads work truck. Its a 1990 K3500 RCLB, the steering wheel is really slopping, but not in the actual steering but in the column. Its almost like the tilt on it is screwed up, he nevers uses the tilt but was wondering if there is a bushing in there that goes bad? Just started about a week ago. Has play up and down and also side to side

·
Dying to be lower
59 Posts
Had this problem in my 93 s-10. Gotta take off the steering wheel,pull out the pressure plate, take out all the signal stuff,tighten the three torx bolts,should take care of the problem. It did for me.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had this problem in my 93 s-10. Gotta take off the steering wheel,pull out the pressure plate, take out all the signal stuff,tighten the three torx bolts,should take care of the problem. It did for me.
probably need a steering wheel puller for that then huh? ill tell him about it

·
Dying to be lower
59 Posts
Yeah but they dont cost very much.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
probably need a steering wheel puller for that then huh? ill tell him about it
You can rent one from Oriellys, Autozone, Advance auto, etc. Its really simple. Just spray a little wd 40 on the splines before you start pulling, and a little on the puller's threads while pulling and it should pop right off.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
http://www.buickperformance.com/tiltsteeringcolumnwobble.htm

this is a halfway decent write up, I've repaired these before, if you've done it a bunch of times, its only a 15 minute job :crazy:

you'll need basic hand tools, the pivot pin puller (if tilt column), steering wheel puller, the lockplate puller, and an 8mm inverse torx socket

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.buickperformance.com/tiltsteeringcolumnwobble.htm

this is a halfway decent write up, I've repaired these before, if you've done it a bunch of times, its only a 15 minute job :crazy:

you'll need basic hand tools, the pivot pin puller (if tilt column), steering wheel puller, the lockplate puller, and an 8mm inverse torx socket
thanks for the write up, ill have to have him read it and maybe try and tackle it this weekend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts