GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 e/c has what I would deem a slow or weak motor on the passenger door window.If I put both windows down and simultaniuosly press both buttons to go up the drivers window is almost twice as fast.Yes I know about current draw at idle and both motors at once but even by itself it is slow going up.Is there anything in particular I should be looking for,a weak voltage reading or something?Thanks.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hmm, i think this should go in maintenance...ohwell.

Slow windows is the biggest mystery I've ever had. My pass window is SLOW, barely goes down sometimes, but has no trouble going up. If I pull the interior door panel off and do nothing else, it works fine. :crazy: I would check the electrical connections in the door and make sure that the bolts/screws that hold the window mechanism in place aren't loose, those can sometimes have an effect by putting things out of alignment so the motor has to work harder.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
i've been told by a dealership it is the window regulator going out....my truck does it bad sometimes

·
Registered
716 Posts
My windows have been like that since day one. The pass. window is a bit slower than the driver window. I've never thought about gettin them checked out since it doesnt really bother me. :D

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
it sounds like another design flaw in gm trucks... while there arent many, there are some. my windows are slow as sin as well... both sides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 99 was doing that and i took off the door panel and one of the tracks was loose and the piece that goes on the track was half was off so i tightend the track and put the slide back on and it works good as new

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Badassilverado said:
You might want to try some window track lube ...there is a specific name for the type of lube it is but I can't think of it right now ...just goto any auto parts store and ask, they'll know what you're talking about.

I tried it on my slowass windows and it did help a little but they've since went back to being slow. That pisses me off more than any other problem I've had w/ my truck ...it's the only thing wrong with it too.
should be lithium grease..

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
haha my truck did that too.. "window regulator" is what the dealer said too, he wasn't supposed to fix it but did.. cost them a couple hundred..

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
fuck windows... just keep them down.... im in a bad mood about after postinfg ont he 9/11 thread... im going ot bed...

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
my truck does it really bad. The passenger window has always taken a full second or two longer to roll up. It doesn't really bother me, except that it feels like the passenger motor is trying way to hard, and the window is hardly going anywhere. I better take it in while my trucks still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
atleast ur rolls up. i went muddin once and suddenly went retarded and rolled my window down. it now only rolls up half way and i have to litteraly pull it up... :crazy: :pow:

·
its no 4.8
38 Posts
my window does the same thing. Regulators fix the problem...for a while. then they are slow again. :think:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Give some silicone spray lube a try. Periodically (once a month or so), spray some in your window track and use the straw to get it down to the bottom. You can go crazy with this stuff, just try not to get it on your dash/vinyl. Part of the slow window syndrome might be friction between the glass and the track. This problem is worsened by window tint. The silicone lube will help to eliminate the friction and is also compatible with the tint. If it doesn't speed up your roll up, it will help to prevent your tint from bunching up and help to reduce tension on the motor and maybe prolong its life. I work in a tint shop and redo ~1 car a week due to binding caused by non-lubed window tracks. You'd be surprised how many "stuck" windows that won't roll up and down are fixed by lubing the tracks. Aloha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts